RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #1

Cracked rubber Morryde CRE3000

I just bought this 2018 Big Country brand new went camping once around 60 miles round trip. I was putting in wet bolts and found this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2293.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	288124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2286.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	288125  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	288126  

dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
I just bought this 2018 Big Country brand new went camping once around 60 miles round trip. I was putting in wet bolts and found this.
Morryde customer is very good , give them a call and ask them if its normal. The OEM is just going to tell you its out of warranty……

Its possible they had a bad batch of rubber blocks.

xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc-mark View Post
Morryde customer is very good , give them a call and ask them if its normal. The OEM is just going to tell you its out of warranty……

Its possible they had a bad batch of rubber blocks.
Seems crazy they could be bad already, unless they were sitting in the warehouse for years. I'm not sure I want to put these back on. I'm thinking of switching to the Dexter Ez Flex.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:19 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I agree. I had a brand new Carriage in 2011. Although it was the LRE suspension, I had a bad one on one side. Sent photos to Morryde and they sent a new spring. In my case the bond between the rubber and the metal had come un done.
Morryde has a "standard of acceptable cracks in these springs. I doubt considering the age that that is acceptable. Be sure to let them know you are the only owner and date of purchase. It will be easy enough to replace since you already are doing suspension work. Glad you found it early on. Good luck.
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
I agree. I had a brand new Carriage in 2011. Although it was the LRE suspension, I had a bad one on one side. Sent photos to Morryde and they sent a new spring. In my case the bond between the rubber and the metal had come un done.
Morryde has a "standard of acceptable cracks in these springs. I doubt considering the age that that is acceptable. Be sure to let them know you are the only owner and date of purchase. It will be easy enough to replace since you already are doing suspension work. Glad you found it early on. Good luck.
Morryde sent me an email stating their engineer says that the cracking is fine and won't affect load bearing. But they will send me a replacement just because. "According to the engineers, the bolts do not need to be replaced. They can just be un-installed then re-installed. He also stated that we’ve only seen this happen a few times and doesn’t necessarily need to be replaced as the system is holding load properly. As a goodwill gesture, we can send you a replacement CRE kit and replacement lock nuts for the bolts as those cannot be reused."

Thank you,
Old 06-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Excellent. Glad they are taking care of you. I would feel better with it being replaced. Safe travels!
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadnjesse View Post
Morryde sent me an email stating their engineer says that the cracking is fine and won't affect load bearing. But they will send me a replacement just because. "According to the engineers, the bolts do not need to be replaced. They can just be un-installed then re-installed. He also stated that we’ve only seen this happen a few times and doesn’t necessarily need to be replaced as the system is holding load properly. As a goodwill gesture, we can send you a replacement CRE kit and replacement lock nuts for the bolts as those cannot be reused."

Thank you,
THAT IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! I had Morryde's IS installed last spring and visted there main plant for the install. This was no small project but the end result on the drive home confirmed what every one said . Its a big chunk of money but they stand behind it and its built to last. The improvement in ride quality is amazing.

Also I had dexter EZ in my holiday rambler , it did improve the ride but I don't think it did as much in terms of smoothing sharp bumps as the CRE3000 or 4000. The EZ was really only able to add maybe 3/8"-1/2" more deflection where the Morryde looks closer to a inch in my opinion. they both do as advertised but they are still connected to springs that don't move much.

xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote