Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Just bought a Crossroads All American 2000 model 28foot double slide. We looked hard and long and
1 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2005, 05:56 AM   #1

Just bought a Crossroads All American 2000 model 28foot double slide. We looked hard and long and this just seemed to be the one. Thing is I have tried to find them for sale, comments about them and just cant find anything. Hope this is not a bad thing. Anyone have any experience with Crossroads? We took it out on a maiden trip last weekend and all went smooth. Second issue. Have a Dodge 3500 dually diesel. Seems to have slack power on the uphills but OK on the straight. Trailer is around 10k. Am I underpowered? As you can tell we are pretty new to the RV community. Only the 3rd year. We sold our older alpenlite to get this one and we are very satisfied. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Bob
retired_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2005, 05:56 AM   #2

Old 08-25-2005, 05:20 AM   #3

I looked at the crossroads and was impressed. I didn't end up buying one but it wasn't because quality of the trailer, it came down to $$$. What year is your Dodge? My 03 had problems on the hills too, added a volumizer 60 hp chip and does much better now. Good luck. John
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #4

My dodge is a 97 with right at 100k. Still alot of good miles but want to get a little more power for the hills without robbing life of the motor. We got a steal on the crossroads 5th wheel I think. Took it on the day that it was traded in by a canadian couple who were full time RVers. Havent had any troubles yet and really like the setup but again the truck pulls alot slower than our old alpenlite 24 footer
Old 08-26-2005, 05:10 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
There's a lot of power hiding in your 12 valve Cummins. Since I don't know where you're located, you might look on either the TurboDiesel Register or Diesel Truck Resource forums in their 2nd generation 12 valve engine and transmission sections for some hints or the names of some shops located in your area.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:50 PM   #6

There are a lot of companies out there that can help getting more HP and Tq. Bullydog is one Edge is another. You can google either or both of them. You would be amazed at what they can get out of your current motor at resonable prices as well. If you have any trouble finding them let me know and I will help you.
Mark
markclement@hotmail

Black 1997 F250 H/D 4X4
markclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Please note that he has a 12 valve (non-electronic) Cummins with the "dumb" P-7100 injection pump. Boxes aren't applicable to this vintage engine. Rather, it responds well to pump timing, plate adjustment/replacement, etc.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #8

I HAVE A 2002 35 FT. CROSSROADS double slides and we love it. Two trips to south Tex. one to FL. A COUPLE TO Myrtle Beach all from THE GREAT STATE OF MICHIGAN. Pulling with a 2003 Dodge 3500, HO ENGINE, 48-E, 410 gears, single rear wheel , ABSOLUTELY NO PROMBLEMS WITH GRADES.
PHONSE is offline   Reply With Quote