Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #1

Now I am really PO'd. Came back from a business trip & discovered some nameless & brainless idiot backed a large truck into my 5ver & left. (Hit & Run) Trailer was in storage so it is my problem not theirs. Put a big hole in the bottom left side of the nose & a big crack at the top left side. About $2000 damage. Tore my nose cover & that will be almost impossible to fix since it is custom made. I feel so violated. ****. Oh well, patched the cracks & holes with aluminum tape so I can do my trip to Nashville next week. Will be contacting the insurance tomorrow & see what they say. Have $500 deductable so not to bad I guess. Idiots who cannot back up trucks or trailers should not be driving them. Man am I PO'd. Thanks for letting me rant. Don't fell much better though.

Reg
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #2

Now I am really PO'd. Came back from a business trip & discovered some nameless & brainless idiot backed a large truck into my 5ver & left. (Hit & Run) Trailer was in storage so it is my problem not theirs. Put a big hole in the bottom left side of the nose & a big crack at the top left side. About $2000 damage. Tore my nose cover & that will be almost impossible to fix since it is custom made. I feel so violated. ****. Oh well, patched the cracks & holes with aluminum tape so I can do my trip to Nashville next week. Will be contacting the insurance tomorrow & see what they say. Have $500 deductable so not to bad I guess. Idiots who cannot back up trucks or trailers should not be driving them. Man am I PO'd. Thanks for letting me rant. Don't fell much better though.

Reg
Old 09-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #3

I hear ya.Although not as costly as yours,someone(idiot) rammed my rear bumper.Had to hit it pretty hard to crease it.I will eat it,I have a $ 500 deductable also. Thats the third dent I didnt do.My wife wonders why I park on the far side of parking lots.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems like there are a lot of folks out there that were not raised to be responsible for their own actions. I cannot imageing ramming someone's vehicel and not fixing the damage I have done. I have had to have vehicels repaired about 3 times that was hit in a parking lot and the other felow left. The worst was my wife's little car. Over $2000.00 damage to the right front corner. The fender could not be straightened...it was replaced.

Wouldn't you love to have that clown in a dark room and a baseball bat in your hands for about 5 minutes.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #5

......the guy will be back and if you have pix you can figure out who it was....give you something to do being a detective and all.....happy hunting....geofkaye
Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would be ****** off too. Rv's are not like cars where you can unbolt panels and plastic to fix. I park my trailer at a place that sells box and construction trailers. There is usually about 3 or 4 other RV's parked there also. I try to get a space next to one of them rather than near junky looking landscape or contruction trailers. Every time I come to pick it up I take a "walk around" to make sure I don't get bumped. The owner said he was going to expand to give everyone a assigned parking slot. I'm still thinking about finding away to fit it next to my garage. But that would be a tight fit at best.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 AM   #7

Well, the good news is, we caught the SOB. The truck was a rental truck moving household goods. The renter had a buddy driving for him. The buddy was on probation & was not even suppost to be IN a vehicle, let alone driving one.
Buddy has been charged with numerous probation violations plus some other charges. The driver has NEVER had a drivers permit. The renter has no insurance, so the rental companies insurance will be tapped for the damage to my trailer. They will be in serious trouble with their insurance Co.
I spent 2 nights reviewing securety tapes & I was able to pin it down to one truck entering & leaving the compound. The police were called in & I showed them my evidance & they ran with it & collered the culprit. Now all I have to do is get the trailer repaired & will be back as good as new. Feels so good to get the guy. Should not to have to pay my deductable, which is $300.
Ahh, I feel so much beter. Now to repair the generator bax in the back of the trailer I screwed up on our return from Nashville this week. Never, ever, back up without your spotter behind you. Lesson learned. I was just to stuborn to listen to myself & my real smart co-driver.

Reg.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:33 PM   #8

That is really good news.
Good to catch one once in awhile.
Hopefully it will all work out.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't you wish that we still had public floggings or stocks. Just the thing for that sort of person.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:10 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Good job on getting the guy. Sounds like a career as Private Detective may be in your future
Old 09-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #11

Good news from Insurance Co. today. Go ahead & fix trailer & have new front Bug Cover made.
Talked to dealer today & trailer goes in on Oct 17th. A Boat repair shop will be doing the repair. They need the nose removed off the trailer to repair from the inside out. Have found a shop to make me a new cover for the front so everything will be fixed as good as new. My Insurance Co. has gone after the Truck Rental Co. Insurance so I will not have to pay deductable.

Reg
Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 AM   #12

Our do it yourself justice system at work.
Way to go Reg.!!
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #13

Trailer is back Good As New. The boat repair place did a fantastic job. Looks better then new.
Talking about fantastic, I had my dome on my Fantastic Vent crack. The pin came out of one of the arms & the arm allowed the dome to open very quickly in some high wind conditions. I contacted Fantastic Vent Company to find out where I could buy a new one. They sent me a new Dome & 2 new arms for this vent & to repair the other vent, & get this, "Free", No Charge. This is the third time I have delt with these people & I have 1998 5ver & have yet to pay for a repair of their vent system. What a Company & what customer service. I will have nothing but Fantastic Vents in any of my RV's.

Reg
Old 11-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Idiots who cannot back up trucks or trailers should not be driving them.

Reg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are sure right about that.