Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #15

Cutting into my time is why we have a W/D--and we dislike having to sit around most laundry facilities. Having a dishwasher is a little overboard, but since it came with the trailer, we use it a lot. BUT, the trailer did not have an oven, so had one put in. Odd that it would have dishwasher and not an oven. It was ordered new by a single guy, guess thats why...
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
From the few I have talked with every one has said once you have a convection oven you never would want to use the old style baking oven again so with that in mind, I guess we will put in a dishwasher down the road.
Pull the oven out and put in cook top after the washer is installed.
Interested to hear how difficult it is for entire install. I would think the two biggest challenges are hooking up to waste line and for cook top, is electric the only option or can you stay with gas?
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #17

Is your stove/oven in the slide--island, or where? If in the slide, the supply and drain lines will be tough. But they have the setup for w/d in slides, so it can be done. Our dishwasher is in the island where the sink is, so the hookups were not bad, I guess.
As to the convection oven--yes, have heard many say they are great, but my wife hasn't come to terms with hers yet. Not big enough, mainly, and it really generates heat when in use.
Joe
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Fortunately our stove/oven is along the kitchen wall not in a slide. the only area in whole 5er not in a slide.... lucky there I guess.

So can you stick with gas or is electric top only option?
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #19

I am not aware of an electric stove/oven available for RVs, unless you go really high-end with residential appliances. There is a limit of 50-amp service at campgrounds, and it might be tough to use an electric oven and the ACs at the same time.
Joe
Old 04-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #20

Comment about electric stove tops. I left the gas one, just because, but later did look at electric. Most are two burner, and cost about $150.00. You do have to make modifications to the electric panel to get another 20A circuit, which is not difficult. The other problem is as mentioned, voltage in parks. You will see voltages from 125 to 116, which is within spec's. But, some times even lower, if the park is full. Hard rule, check voltage with good voltmeter every time!!!! If possible, install a GOOD constant reading voltmeter in the electric panel. The lower the voltage the higher the amperage. I'm retired out of the power industry, so we have an all electric 5th wheel (helps pay for my retirement, LOL), except as I said the stove. We have apartment size W/D, dishwasher, two AC/heat, fireplace, water heater, 18 cf refrig, and all the other do-dad's you have. Even in winter, and we've been up north a couple of them, below 15 degree's we have to fire up the gas furnace. We have the arctic package with dual pane window's. With everything electric on, we'll pull from 37 to 49 amps at 124V through out the day, (used a recording wattmeter to check it). We have always stayed in parks I knew that the voltage was good, and check everyone when we first arrive.

To the question about how difficult it was to install the dishwasher. If you can locate it within 4-5' of the sink, no problems, the hoses on most of them are that long, if you need a little more, just add on to them, the pump inside the dishwasher will pump quite a ways.

Someone asked if I would post pictures of what I did, Not sure how to do that!!! Tried, but no cigar!!! When I installed it it took part of a day, then part of another day to finish the cabinets, etc. I'm kinda slow, easy to get down, but hard to get back up. Anyway, if you have any questions, PM me or ask and I try to answer from what I did. Really, it was fairly easy to do.

Hope this helps God bless,
Mike
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote