Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
RWH

I am looking for step by step instruction on making parallel cables for the EU2000's. I have researched this via the Forums but hav'nt found a complete step by step version. I'm very good at following directions and once followed bad directions exactly which fried by inverter.

I have seen two general methods, using E1000 banana cords or using polarized cut extension cords to make the Y. Do you have protection from the circuit breakers using the banana cords? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
RWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2005, 07:12 AM   #2
RWH

I am looking for step by step instruction on making parallel cables for the EU2000's. I have researched this via the Forums but hav'nt found a complete step by step version. I'm very good at following directions and once followed bad directions exactly which fried by inverter.

I have seen two general methods, using E1000 banana cords or using polarized cut extension cords to make the Y. Do you have protection from the circuit breakers using the banana cords? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:06 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just do the easy thing and purchase the setup from Honda. It runs about $250 at Camping World and they are garenteed not to mess things up and I think they even have gauges on them.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
RWH

I actually just ordered the complete set-up. I got the two generators and parallel RV box for less than 2k so it wasn't worth the DIY risk.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:41 AM   #5

Sorry I didn't see this a while ago. I made mine for about $30. Real easy to make with two 20 amp plugs two 3 foot pieces of 12/3 SO cable (standared 12/3 cord) and one RV repair plug. It's not UL listed but if someone is messing with my gens, they get what they get if they mess up. They better hope they don't yell to loud or they'll have to deal with the owner, and that will be worse than a little 120.

Only thing that has to be done is it needs to be pluged into both gens before you start them or you will have a live male end. The $250 version has no chance of this, since both plugs are shielded.

Tom
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #6

Our EU2000 Parallel Setup

Maurice
RoadKingMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:22 AM   #7

Great job RoadKingMoe.

I will say I used the male plugs I dought they will fall out. I used a good quality plug and they fit really snug even a little tight. But the posiblity is there, esspecialy after years of use that I don't know yet.

If a dog gets into it, I hope it's the yippy one next door.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #8

Here's another one I found on the 'Net:

Honda Parallel Cord

<sub>Edit note: Fixed UBB Code</sub>

Wes, Linda, & kids
ak_traveler is offline   Reply With Quote