Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2015, 05:51 AM   #1

Dometic fridge no go below 40

Hi
Our 2006 forest river 32 wildcat has
A dometic RM 2652 fridge that works on LP or AC electric.
After 48 hours the temp in fridge portion is stubbornly at 40f even at full cold setting. I have left the door closed, and on both LP/AC I have the same results. It has never been a problem before ( in fact too cold if anything)
The freezer is working great!!!
I am camping where it is 93F and humid.
Is there anything I can troubleshoot or inspect here to get it a bit cooler?
Thanks so much
Jason
Jlouns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
Have you put the thermometer in the freezer to make sure it is capable of reading below 40?
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:41 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Usually the coldest setting will bypass the thermostat and never shut off.
Set it one setting below the coldest to give it a chance to cycle.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:06 AM   #4

Ours works best set at 2 or 3 even in 100° temps in Augusta, GA. If we shut it down to defrost it does take about 3 days to recover fully.
SrFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #5

http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/R...atorManual.pdf

This might help, but most problems in hot weather are heat related. I know that sounds dumb but if the unit cannot get rid of the heat it takes from the inside it cant cool very well. I see that unit has a cooling fan. Be sure it is working. Adding more fans can help. Good luck.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #6

Thanks for all the nice tips, I removed the top access panel and saw a small electric fan that was not operating.
I tapped on it and it started working, only to stop a few moments later. I came back during the hotter part of the day to see the fan is not working.
Perhaps this is the culprit?
If so where would You recommend getting one? ( I also snapped one of the small cheap plastic clasps on the access panel lol do I have to buy a new plastic panel?$
Thanks
Jason
Jlouns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #7

Dometic Refrigerator Access Door/Panel/Vent Exterior Polar White ..

Just one of a Google search for rv fridge access panels.

If you can see the fan then it is most likely not stock. The pics I have seen show the fan much lower down attached to the back of the fridge. No matter all works the same. Replacing this fan require removing the fridge to get to the back side.
I have used an ac fan that will fit in the space to help with cooling. Just set it in there and plug it in. Runs all the time, but in hot weather it cant hurt. If you put it in the upper area be sure to run the wire down the left side away from the heater, and be sure the fan blows out.
(In the lower section it should blow in)
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlouns View Post
... ( I also snapped one of the small cheap plastic clasps on the access panel lol do I have to buy a new plastic panel?$
Thanks
Jason
The clasps are available at any good RV dealer with a parts department. Also, make sure the ambient temperature switch on the fridge isn't turned on.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Frig

I just had a simular problem. It was the white wire inside the frig. Clips on fins in back of frig and plugs in under the cover for inside light. Moving the clip lower on the fins is supposed to make frig cooler. Not sure what it is called. Good luck.
ZOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:18 AM   #10
YC1

You can get the clips at an rv store for the panel and a fan at Staples or Office Supply. Any computer fan should work fine. They can make a tremendous difference but one thing you need to look at is the drain tube. Be sure it is not cracked or that you have not re-positioned it. They need to keep warm air out while allowing water to drain. Some have simple u shapes, some have plugs in the ends with tiny holes.

A bad drain tube may give you those temps.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOKER View Post
I just had a simular problem. It was the white wire inside the frig. Clips on fins in back of frig and plugs in under the cover for inside light. Moving the clip lower on the fins is supposed to make frig cooler. Not sure what it is called. Good luck.
I believe by moving the thermistor up (think north) makes them colder, moving it down (think south) makes it warmer.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #12

LA Gulf Coast Campers
http://youtu.be/oIJYx5j2nPQ

Check them all out

Harry -O-
Doing it Cajun Style!

Tags
dometic, fridge