Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #15

I'm old school too, forums for me buster.
Who needs stinking FB anyway, well except for my DW.
"what honey?"
Oops gotta go, "Yes dear, coming"

Be well.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #16

Well, that is 2 of us who dislike FB...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Do they require a copy of your registration to join as a DVR owner? Just saying...
Old 09-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #18

No, he goes on to your facebook page and looks for anything that is related to you and a DRV unit as far as I could tell.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
Doesn't sound like a group I would want to be a part of.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog2you View Post
Doesn't sound like a group I would want to be a part of.
That's what I have decided as well. I'm more of a "help fellow RVers" kind of guy and feel segregation isn't all hat helpful but then again it's is Facebook page and his rules so it is hat it is.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #21

Dave- The DRV is a good unit. Probably has the most bells and whistles of the production 5th wheel world. But if you are interested in a New Horizon then go that route. NH and Space Craft are head and shoulders above DRV.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
Dave- The DRV is a good unit. Probably has the most bells and whistles of the production 5th wheel world. But if you are interested in a New Horizon then go that route. NH and Space Craft are head and shoulders above DRV.
We are actually rolling out of Red Bay Alabama this morning and headed towards Junction City Kansas just so we can take a tour of New Horizons plant.
We liked pretty much everything we saw at the DRV plant and I know NH is a heavy rig so they will really need to wow us to go that route but without looking we will never know. I just don't want to end up with a truck larger than a 450 or 550 or equivalent and end up having another car traveling behind because there is NO WAY Diane would drive anything larger and I don't want to complicate what I consider a pretty uncomplicated life LOL!!.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #23

Depending on the size- Length, a 450/4500 or 550/5500 should work. New Horizons will pretty much build what you ask for. Heated floors, yes... Solid surface 48" shower- check.... rea hardwood floors- you got it.... solar- no problem.
Have you talked or been to Jack and Danielle Mayer's website? They are NH Ambassadors and have had 3 coaches built.
I like our DRV. It on the same level that our Carrilite was. We had planned on having Space Craft build us a rig in 2018-19 with all the options we wanted.
If you're going to be in the Kansas area, the HDT rally is in Hutchinson Kansas from the 8th thru the 13 of Oct. NH will have their show model there, Spacecraft usually has a model there as well.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #24

We rolled 389 miles today and will go another 300 tomorrow and hole up in Topeka for a couple night's before going the remaining 80 miles to Junction City. It's supposed to rain there Monday and Tuesday so may as well wait for a dry day to take a tour. I just hope someone is there with the rally going on in the Dakota's LOL!!
I mentioned before that we liked what we saw with DRV but you hit a couple things on the head in your last post. We have all tile now and even though we wouldn't want the weight in a 5th wheel we would like to at least have hardwood. And we have heated floors which we would like again. I also like the placement of the generator in the New Horizon's, it sure opens up some storage and cuts back on weight up front ( so I can add more batteries LOL!!!).