Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEyePie View Post
Which location and who have you been dealing with?
Brandie at the Mocksville location. I have talked to various other people from their other locations and seems to be the same. If you are ordering from the factory then you will probably have less of a problem (I hope).
battlerattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
Brandie at the Mocksville location. I have talked to various other people from their other locations and seems to be the same. If you are ordering from the factory then you will probably have less of a problem (I hope).
All sales people (RVs or Autos) want you to call them or come in. I guess that puts you more on their court and puts them in control. I tell them I'm not interested and it they want to sell me anything they will deal in my court on my terms or I say goodbye. They usually continue to email me. Don't ever let a salesman think they are in control or intimidate you. You hold the checkbook and that means you are in control. Keep working and beating the bushes and you'll find folks who will work with you.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #17

Quote:
The RV service shop I intend to use, doesn't sell RVs they just provide service, and they are plenty busy. None of that stuff you were talking about involved.
Just as long as you expect to pay them for warranty work the factory does not authorize or reimburse fully you will be fine. They are not in the business of losing money.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Just as long as you expect to pay them for warranty work the factory does not authorize or reimburse fully you will be fine. They are not in the business of losing money.
Already been authorized by manufacturer. Just have to address each case one at a time.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:38 AM   #19

Quote:
All sales people (RVs or Autos) want you to call them or come in. I guess that puts you more on their court and puts them in control. I tell them I'm not interested and it they want to sell me anything they will deal in my court on my terms or I say goodbye. They usually continue to email me. Don't ever let a salesman think they are in control or intimidate you. You hold the checkbook and that means you are in control. Keep working and beating the bushes and you'll find folks who will work with you.
They are no different then auto salesmen. This last conversation I had with them (probably the last) was went something like this.

"Good morning, before you say anything hear me out. I need to know the exact specifications down to the bolt ratings on these two models on your lot. I hope you are still recording this call for quality assurance because I would like your management to know a $70,000 cash sale rides on your ability to know your own product. I expect to hear back from you by 9am tomorrow. Have a great day!"
battlerattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:14 AM   #20

Bought my rig at Lazy Days

Quote:
Anyone have any experience with Lazy Days? They are acquiring one of the dealerships I've been working with.
I bought my 2015 Axis 24.1 at Lazy Days in Tampa last April. The sales lady was great, no pressure to buy, and I got a price at least $9000 less than similar models in the Ft. Myers area.

The extended warranty presentation was also low pressure, but they do go over all of their plans. I felt they were ridiculously expensive and I can afford to self insure, so I passed. No hassle, no fuss.

When you go to pick up your unit, they have you overnight (with water and electric but no sewer) to test out all the systems so they can fix it right there before you leave. Spent 2 days in their pick-up lot (their mechanics were swamped) and only found 3 extremely minor nit-picks, which were fixed to my satisfaction.

Overall, I'm happy in my dealings with Lazy Days (just had the rig serviced on my way down to Florida).

2015 Thor Axis 24.1 - looking for a Smart ForTwo Passion as runaround vehicle
MotokoLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:20 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
I have purchased twice from Lazydays. The sales process was pleasant and efficient. Unfortunately I can’t say the same for service. They seem to always be backed up with too many customers and too few technicians. Be prepared to wait, and wait some more.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:22 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Wondering what folks who have dealt with Campers Inn RV dealers have to say about their experience?

Also, is it better to deal with a large dealership like them or La Mesa or to find a smaller dealership or even family owned dealer?
Live in VA also. Depends a lot on what brand/model being bought. Spent a year price shopping in VA and SE states. All dealers were adding btwn 1500-2500 destination charge and many charged outrageous 'dealer prep. Ended up with the best deal on a THOR from Total Value in Elkhart. No extra for destination, prep, PDI. Drove the toad to Elkhart, Spent a week there for shakedown. Only had minor issues that TV resolved quickly. Trip costs there and back were maybe 500. Overall spent 12K less than if I had gone local. Big gamble is if you have major warranty issues; you have to take it to the selling dealer in most cases.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:13 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpinva View Post
Live in VA also. Depends a lot on what brand/model being bought. Spent a year price shopping in VA and SE states. All dealers were adding btwn 1500-2500 destination charge and many charged outrageous 'dealer prep. Ended up with the best deal on a THOR from Total Value in Elkhart. No extra for destination, prep, PDI. Drove the toad to Elkhart, Spent a week there for shakedown. Only had minor issues that TV resolved quickly. Trip costs there and back were maybe 500. Overall spent 12K less than if I had gone local. Big gamble is if you have major warranty issues; you have to take it to the selling dealer in most cases.
I talked to the Vanleigh Sales Rep yesterday. I do not ever have to take the RV back to the selling dealer. He recommended going ahead and schedule a service visit with their (Vanleigh's) service shop for about 6 months after purchase and bring all warranty work back to them. Simply put I don't have to rely on the dealer for anything after I take possession and leave with the RV.

Tags
dealer, east coast