Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2022, 02:13 PM   #1

Electric slide out motors

I have a Forest River Riverstone with a front kitchen. The kitchen slide out on the door side quit working and I’m trying to find the location of these motors to investigate why.
Can anybody enlighten me how to find these motors?

Footdock

2018 Forest River Riverstone 39FK 42’m
2009 Dodge Ram 3500 single wheel, mini max, 6.7 Cummins, G56 6spd manual
Footdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2022, 03:46 PM   #2

There are a few different systems. Giving us a brand and a line name tells us nothing. So, to determine any possible help we need to know what you have. On the OUTSIDE of the slide, are there horizontal tracks near the top and bottom of the slide? (You say motorS..... so I'm thinking Schwintek. Unless you don't have multiple motors, in which case I would like to buy a vowel.)
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
There are a few different systems. Giving us a brand and a line name tells us nothing. So, to determine any possible help we need to know what you have. On the OUTSIDE of the slide, are there horizontal tracks near the top and bottom of the slide? (You say motorS..... so I'm thinking Schwintek. Unless you don't have multiple motors, in which case I would like to buy a vowel.)
Yes, the slide out has horizontal tracks the top and bottom of both sides of the slide out.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #4

Slide out problems please help!

The electric slide out motors are not working on my 2018 Forest River Riverstone 5th wheel camper. I need to move in a few days and need to get the slide out in!
Where are these motors and how do I access them!
The slide out has upper and lower tracks on each side of the outside of the slide out.
Old 08-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #5

It is possible the controller will tell you what is wrong. In my Riverstone, it is in the front storage bay, door side, on top of opening above generator. It will blink an error code. There are several things that can cause the slide motor to malfunction. The good news, as long as nothing is physically damaged, you may be able to manually push the slide in.

Here is a link to my trailer's slide docs

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...Slide%20Out%20

I share your pain on this, mine is in the shop right now with the same issue. Door side kitchen slide is completely bound, but fortunately it was stuck in rather than out, and was in our driveway before we left when we discovered the issue.
darrellr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:04 PM   #6

Like Darrellr said if it has those tracks top and bottom, its a Schwintek, the controller is likely in the basement, and will give you codes by blinking light. I had to replace one on my bedroom slide, pretty easy to do, just takes a little time and finagling. look it up on youtube, there are a number of videos showing how to do it, all else fails, remove the motors and push it in by hand. if possible you can also override the controller and get it to work by following the protocol on the the controller. I did that for a number of trips before finding time to replace it. Good luck
Old 08-23-2022, 09:06 PM   #7

Should have added, those motors are usually in the wall inside the weatherstripping at the top of the slide on the side.

Tags
electric, motor, slide, slide out