Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #1

Evergreen 5er

We found a Lifestyle LS38RS in Quartzsite last month and really liked the floor plan. But both there and at a Phoenix dealer we've been unable to obtain detailed specs or even a brochure on that unit. Being unfamiliar with the mfr. and hearing the old Carriage company is involved, we're reluctant to consider a purchase. What can owners tell us about the company, the product quality, warranty and warranty service, the good and the bad?

If there's a better place for this post, I'd appreciate it being moved. Thanks.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #2

What do you want to know? I have a brochure.

The LifeStyle is quality built unit with full-time capability. It has a boxed frame which is better than an I-Beam frame. It has good tires and axels. It is insulated very well and is in my opinion a near top tier 5th wheel.

The Life-Style frame comes from the old well built Carriage frame. Many of the old Carriage team is now Life-Style.

The best full-time units being built today are Life-Style, DRV Mobile Suites, and Peterson Excel units.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Carriage Cameo orphan and it is a well built RV. It was sad to see them go out of business. Evergreen is the parent for the new Lifestyle RVs which has much of the old Carriage team working there. In the price range you can look at DRV (Mobile Suites), Lifestyle and Excel.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #4

I have met and talked with many of Lifestyle team, most of whom seem to have come from the Carriage group when they closed. They seem determined to build a unit even better than Carriage correcting the little things that were being overlooked at Carriage just prior to their demise. My opinion is they are an excellent unit. I have a 14yo Carriage that is still in excellent condition and has covered a bunch of miles with very few problems. Highly recommend strong consideration of product.
Bob
Old 02-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I own a 2011 Carriage and it is being traded in on a new ordered 2014 Lifestyle LS36FW just as soon as the ordered unit arrives at the dealer - hopefully next week!
Our Carriage is a solid built rig and fit and finish is good. It has been problem free.
As the previous poster indicated, Lifestyle was started by Evergreen and is pretty much a carry-over from the former Carriage line with improvements.
The box frame is still built in-house and was beefed-up in the pin box area. Slide-out mechanisms were improved and larger motors are being used as well as limit switches. The motors have been moved to the middle of the slide room to provide a smoother, even slide travel.
The vinyl roof is still being used which is a thicker membrane than rubber and does not require the maintenance like that of rubber.
I do not think you have any worries in purchasing a Lifestyle. All brands have issues here and there. The key is a good dealer and good factory support. BE sure to do a thorough PDI with your dealer.
I encourage you to join and look at the Carriage/Lifestyle owners forum. Its a wealth of info from those that own both brands and Lifestyle employees participate, too. Good luck, Phillip
Carriage Lifestyle Owners Forum • Index page
A brochure can be downloaded here:
Downloads
Old 02-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #6

Tx and Jdpm, your owner experience, while anecdotal, sure is better than company publications and salesspeak and I appreciate your information. Tuffr had asked what I wanted to know. Frame construction, slide mechanisms and attention to detail when installing the many parts and applicances shared by most manufacturers are covered here and are just what I'm looking for. If we buy a heavy 5er my beloved 7.3 will end up on Craigslist, so the price of the camper will have to include a new truck.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #7

Do not believe they are wide body.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen