Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 05:13 AM   #1

Extended Service Contract

I am newbie thinking of purchasing first 5th wheeler. Probably a used one. Any advice on which is better extended service pkg (warranty). The dealership (ExploreUSA RV Supercenter) where I am looking at buying, is pushing XtraRide. Has anybody dealt with this company before? Good or bad experience?
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
You are going to get as many opinions as there are makes and models of RV's.

I am one that would rather put the cost of an extended warranty into MY savings account and use it if I need any repairs. So far that has worked very well for 30 years and I am way ahead of the game. I have even had money left over that has bought some nice upgrades with the savings. Such as LED TV's and a new Satellite system in the previous MH
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #3

I just dealt with Good Sam. For a new A/C, they only wanted to pay retail price FROM AMAZON! This is stupid. Terrible on the customer and the service shop.

Xtra Ride has been fairly good, Protective is, and Phoenix America offers one that is very good too.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I have Good Sam ESP and recently had my AC go bad too. They paid everything but my $200 deductible. No questions asked.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I am one that would rather put the cost of an extended warranty into MY savings account and use it if I need any repairs. So far that has worked very well for 30 years and I am way ahead of the game. I have even had money left over that has bought some nice upgrades with the savings. Such as LED TV's and a new Satellite system in the previous MH

X2 - Two decades and 6 RV's later and I would have wasted a lot of money of ESP's. If you have a modicum of handyman ability you really don't need one of these as long as you do your homework ahead of time on the unit you are buying.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
I've had our 5er now for 4 years and have made about $300 in Extended warranty claims. Our first year we had the AC unit replaced due to bent fins (came that way from the factory), had window plastic surround on the door replaced due to staining from the diamond coating. I think the only thing large we have claimed was the convertor. We had the equa flex swapped out but that was due to wear and tear which isn't covered. Based on my experience would I get another warranty on a new or near new rig......probably not. But I would start my own maintenance fund, starting with a thousand dollars and putting $50 a month to increase it. Hopefully you will never need it......but if you do have a maintenance issue it wont hurt so bad to pay for it. A MH...I would likely buy a warranty, simply because there's a lot more that can go wrong as you have engine and drive components. I did however buy the Ford extended warranty on our truck, simply because we had one on the last one and had about $10k in warranty work done.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #7

Camping world has the best, plus you can buy it year to year if you want.
Bbxtr54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service