Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

Exterior sprayer no pressure

Hello all.I have a 2021 reflection 28bh 5th wheel.There is a spray port in the rear and no water pressure.So I took it apart and theres like a restricter valve in the line.I pried it out and it does't seem to be working.I left it out and put the port back together and now it work's.Is that in line valve important?Thanks.
Dugram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 10:26 PM   #2

Are talking about a Waste Tank Flush System Inlet connection?

OR is it the 'City Water' hose connection??

Sounds like you are describing the Internal Check Valve in the Hose connection assembly

If on a Waste Tank Flush System....no not needed
there is an Anti-siphon Vacuum Breaker Check Valve assembly inside a cabinet...typically bathroom room sink
A check valve at inlet will trap water in supply line that can freeze if not properly drained....that is why they typically do not have a check valve

If 'City Water Inlet' hose connection then YES check valve is needed to prevent backflow thru inlet when using the on-board pump
(Or use a 3/4" garden hose plug to seal it off when using pump)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:23 AM   #3

Op indicated it is a spray port, a quick look at the Grand design floor plan indeed shows a spray port at the rear as he describes.

Perhaps the flow restrictor that was removed was deffective or plugged up. Removing it shouldnt cause any harm, just uses more water now.
As thats a new unit perhaps still covered under factory warranty and it could be replaced if conserving water is a factor give GD a call
Customer Service – Parts & Warranty
574-825-9679
Old 07-29-2021, 11:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
Op indicated it is a spray port, a quick look at the Grand design floor plan indeed shows a spray port at the rear as he describes.

Perhaps the flow restrictor that was removed was deffective or plugged up. Removing it shouldnt cause any harm, just uses more water now.
As thats a new unit perhaps still covered under factory warranty and it could be replaced if conserving water is a factor give GD a call
Customer Service – Parts & Warranty
574-825-9679
I think this must be a common issue. My quick connect spray port produces only a trickle. I may need to take it apart like the OP did. "Using too much water" on a spray port would certainly not be a concern of mine. OP, what was involved in taking it apart? could you access everything from the outside?
Jack Klompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Are talking about a Waste Tank Flush System Inlet connection?

OR is it the 'City Water' hose connection??
Neither of these of course. He is referring to the quick connect spray port common on modern fifth wheels.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Klompus View Post
Neither of these of course. He is referring to the quick connect spray port common on modern fifth wheels.

Spray port for WHAT?

That is the real question...........
Old 07-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Spray port for WHAT?

Spraying stuff.

Mats, steps, shoes, coffee cups, feet, hair, kayaks, kids.

It's a quick connect pressurized port on the side of many new rigs. They are notorious for not working well. It's a good idea executed poorly.

I am surprised this is not familiar to you OB.

Just type exactly this in to the google machine, the images will pop right up: "rv spray port"
Old 07-29-2021, 12:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Spray port for WHAT?

Sounds like it is similar to the shower in the wet bay, but is an additional convenience. The brochure shows a coiled hose with a garden hose trigger spray nozzle attached.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
Sounds like it is similar to the shower in the wet bay, but is an additional convenience. The brochure shows a coiled hose with a garden hose trigger spray nozzle attached.
Then the check valve is probably like belt/suspenders....quick connection should not leak

OP...is that what you are asking about?
Old 07-30-2021, 05:32 AM   #10

It's similar to a hose bib on a S&B. Spay port for garden hose attachment via a quick disconnect and fairly standard on newer Grand Design units

Not a check valve but a flow restrictor to limit the amount of water flow to conserve useage . Most likely plugged up from crap in the lines due to it not being flushed out during construction and something that should of been identified and corrected during PDI.

Should be covered under warranty