Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #1

Fantastic exhaust fan.

A neighbor of mine just bought a Forest River Cardinal 5th wheel trailer. She what appears to a Fantastic exhaust fan very similar to one we have in our motorhome. The problem is I don't see any off/on , vent control switch besides the ones on the unit which is about 9 ft off the floor. My motorhome has the controls under the kitchen counter ledge. What are we missing?
desertdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #2

We have a Cedar Creek, and our exhaust fan in the kitchen area is operated by a thermostat on the wall heading into the bedroom.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #3

look for a white remote control. It should be in a wall mounted holster.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Like MTCamper stated.....maybe lost remotes? $80.00 each to replace.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #5

She could have a base model fan that dosen't have a remote.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdd View Post
A neighbor of mine just bought a Forest River Cardinal 5th wheel trailer. She what appears to a Fantastic exhaust fan very similar to one we have in our motorhome. The problem is I don't see any off/on , vent control switch besides the ones on the unit which is about 9 ft off the floor. My motorhome has the controls under the kitchen counter ledge. What are we missing?
Is her unit new? Did see get any paperwork on the components in the trailer? She could contact the customer sales department at Forest River for her cardinal unit for help!

Here is the contact information.
Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.
She may need to click on the fifth wheel drop down menu under the fifth wheel picture. Select the Cardinal model and contact peoples names show up.

I have had very good luck when contacting Cedar Creek customer service.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #7

I have both types in my 5er. The one in the bathroom is not remote controlled and has a 3 speed dial on it.
The one in the bedroom has a remote. It has a 2 stage rocker switch. It's for air out-in. It also has a manual knob crank to raise and lower it but it can also be raised or lowered using the remote. The remote was in a wall mounted cradle. No way to run it without the remote.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #8

The one in our bathroom is controlled with the light switch.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenb12 View Post
The one in our bathroom is controlled with the light switch.
A light switch for a Fantastic Fan? No remote or speed settings?
Old 02-20-2018, 05:55 PM   #10

I have that in my bathroom as well. Two switches. One for light, one for fan. Manual switch on the fan itself to turn it on or off. And a speed control knob. O to 3 speed. Once you set it up, as long as the lid is open, you turn on or off with the switch
Old 02-20-2018, 10:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
I have that in my bathroom as well. Two switches. One for light, one for fan. Manual switch on the fan itself to turn it on or off. And a speed control knob. O to 3 speed. Once you set it up, as long as the lid is open, you turn on or off with the switch
Hmm. Thats kinda handy.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #12

Their is a dedicated thermostat for it on the wall or in the control center. That is how it is set up on our Cardinal.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #13

We have 2 in the motorhome. One in the hall is on a thermostat that turns the fan on/off and opens/closes the vent. The fan speed knob is set manually for desired speed. The bath one is a 2 way wall switch which turns on/off and opens/closes the vent. Both have rain sensors. Both are very effective at moving some air and we usually keep them on low.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 PM   #14

If she does happen to have one of the basic models (had one in the bathroom on our '15 Suites) it only has the manual controls. I believe some RVers have come up with extension sticks to operate it. Myself, changed it out first thing to a remote-controlled unit.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan