Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Found a DF310 Domani w/3 slides and Gen

Well,
Seems the 2 1/2 year search may have ended with a Domani by Carriage. I had never seen or paid any attention to them, but my wife spotted this one on line at PPL at the Cleburne location. We went and looked at it this weekend, it has been garaged and has new tires.
It's almost like new inside and out W/75 hrs on the Onan, said it had only been to Colorado and to PPL. I invite anyone who will to go the PPL site and check it out-- PPL Motor home/RV's for Sale/ 5TH Wheels/ Cleburne then scroll down to # F723CL. It's between a Big Country and a Sundance and marked Sale Pending.
Anyone with info please chime in, I know Carriage is a nice brand but I know nothing about the Domani.
Here is what the listing will look like. Farmer
F723CL 2008 32' 2008 Domani w/3 Slides & Generator
farmerobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

The Domani by Carriage seems to be a popular unit. Their a beautiful trailer.

Just a heads up but Domani had a 20" P tire and 10" wide wheel option that gave some owners replacement issues. This from a 2008 Domani owner;
""Santee

Tire Replacement for Carriage Domani
I am a "newbie" to the RVing world. I would like to get some advice on tire replacement for my 2008 Carriage Domani. It has the original tires 285/50/20R Goodyear Fortena on it. The tires look great but I am concerned with the age since these are the orginals. Goodyear no longer makes the tire so I am faced with trying to replace them with Hankook or Nitro which have the same size and load range (116H). We are planning to do some long range traveling this summer and I would like to get some input. I just don't feel comfortable with 2008 tires! Thanks for listening.

santee

Guys, after reading all the post I realized that I better get my owners manual out. The Goodyear Fortera tires were an option for the 2008 Domani. They came with a special chrome mag wheel from American Racing (8 lug 20 X 10" rim). The tire has a load range of 2756 lbs @ 50 psi. The axles are Dexter #11 Torflex rated at 5200 lbs. the manual also stated the importance of properly loading the unit before travel. The gross weight rating is 11,500 lbs.
The tires do not show a LT only the 285/50/R20 with a 116H. I think that contacting Goodyear is a great idea and I plan to do so.
I really appreciate all the input and it's amazing how much you can learn on this site. I just can't wait to get on the road. Thanks.
.................................................. .............

I don't think the poster came back with his solution but something to look into if that Domani has those big 20" passenger car tires on it.
JIMNLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Goodyear Fortera was a truck tire. On my second set for DW SUV.
Just had a quick look at Hankook ventus, same size, same specs.
I have looked at Domani as well, Great looking couples 5er. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #4

tires

Yes, when I seen the tire size listed I thought wow that's kinda off the wall. I went back and checked and the owner has just put new cooper Discoverer tires on the unit. He claims to have only pulled it 1 trip to Colorado and to the PPL lot since new, so the original tires must have dry rotted lol I don't know. They must have good stability with the wide foot print.
I will need to check the wheel bearing grease too make sure it isn't gelled up.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #5

I like the layout

The 5er looks new someone took very good care of that trailer...
suiteowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiteowner View Post
The 5er looks new someone took very good care of that trailer...
Thanks Suiteowner,
Glad you took a look at it. I feel good about the unit, looking to enjoy it.
Farmer
Old 04-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looked at Domani 5er's in our search for the perfect home away from home. We were going to come down to the states to look for one, when we found our Glacier Peak. Great looking trailer, should get lots of looks in the camp grounds. Post pictures from your maiden voyage.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #8

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Looked at Domani 5er's in our search for the perfect home away from home. We were going to come down to the states to look for one, when we found our Glacier Peak. Great looking trailer, should get lots of looks in the camp grounds. Post pictures from your maiden voyage.
Sure thing Rickeoni, glad you found a nice unit there your selves! Looks nice

There are a few more of these 5r's in Texas-Buda, New Bronsfels area and a nice one in Californie.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #9

Quote:
I went back and checked and the owner has just put new cooper Discoverer tires on the unit.
Just a heads up here about matching tires and wheels so check to your satisfaction.
The Goodyear Fortera P_ tires were not a LT truck tire on Santees Domani but a P (passenger) that Domani was using. The tire has a load range of 2756 lbs @ 50 psi.

Now fed regs require a P tire when used on a trailer (or truck) to have its capacity derated by dividing by 1.1. In other words his 2756 lb tire is now rated at 2505 lbs which brings up a problem for Santee.
His particular Domani had 5200 lb axle which by fed regs require at a minimum a tire with 2600 lbs capacity. Those P tires simply didn't have enough capacity. Of course we all know some RV trailer mfg aren't up to speed on fed regs regarding this subject.

Now those big wide wheels which by the way aren't the best idea for a trailer with mid mounted axles that receive tremendous ply shear stress/bearing stress/spring hangers and especially the U bolts while they side scrub around corners. Thats one reason our trailers come with narrow tires and wheels like the LT 235/85-16 E or G or the 17.5" wheel and tire combo's.

You say the previous owner mounted Cooper Discoverer tires. looking on Coopers web shows 8 different Discoverer tire lines. One 20" Discoverer line shows a LT E which is a 80 psi tire at 3750 lbs capacity. If your Domani has those 10" x 20" wide wheels make sure their rated for 80 psi.
Sorry for so long reply but having made a living pulling heavy trailers commercially, I'm anal about safe tires on trailers....and my trucks.
JIMNLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:55 AM   #10

JIMNLIN,
no need to apologize for the long post I appreciate the information. I will be looking at those tires to see what rating they are whenever we go back down to pick it up.
I never had over 5 axles but I have pulled a few 120,000 loads lol
Old 09-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #11

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have a 2008 df310 aquired it in march of 2021. Love it for quality but inside storage is lacking. Thin storage , have not seen any other unit like the one i have, and many people have never heard of domani made by carriage. Any one with some information about the slide outs please reply, i replace my entire roof removing down to the metal roof rafters, and a new complete roof just like to know if any others are still out there,, thanks posted 9/5/2022
Fun4all is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide