Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #15

Any water can start to have a funkiness if left stagnant in a dead end line long enough.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 02:57 PM   #16

Water in this trailerr doesn't sit..... I'm living in it and use a whole house filter and the well water at this park stinks.....well water...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:15 AM   #17

The last time I was on the Florida coast I had to use my tank full of great well water, due to the city water tasting awfull.
Garyp4951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:39 AM   #18

I had the same problem with my bathroom vanity. There are two t's that connect under the vanity that run to a washer hookup. I do not have a washer and these lines are not used but do fill with water. I would bleach the system but the smell would still come back only in the bathroom vanity. I removed the lines at the t fittings and have not had a problem since.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #19

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brialin View Post
I had the same problem with my bathroom vanity. There are two t's that connect under the vanity that run to a washer hookup. I do not have a washer and these lines are not used but do fill with water. I would bleach the system but the smell would still come back only in the bathroom vanity. I removed the lines at the t fittings and have not had a problem since.

I was thinking of doing the same. Just have to wait for a nice day and the time to do it.

Jim

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4
reutherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:34 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
leaving bleach in tank-permanantly

I have read where some folks add a small amount of bleach to their fresh water tank-and leave it. Could someone remember the amount per gallon? I have filter for a small drinking water faucet next to kitchen sink and for the ice maker. Holler back if you do this. Thanks. Charlie

Tags
fresh water, smell, water