Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
30-50k used look at a NuWa or Excel. They made many in the length you desire. Many were setup with solar already. May look at Carriage as well.
Hey there BullDog,

These recommendations to look at the Excel and HitchHiker are right on.

I am currently looking to upgrade from my 2008 HH Champagne - 34' overall length. I have only had one occasion where I could not get it into a parking spot. [That was a RV design error - not a driver issue.]

PM me if you are interested in a very solid ready to roll and boondock 5er.
Great Onan generator and Solar prep.

Or you can look at KansasRVCenter.com for their used inventory. They were the NuWa manufacturers and have some HichHikers and one Excel unit on their lot today.
touringmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringmn View Post
Hey there BullDog,

These recommendations to look at the Excel and HitchHiker are right on.

I am currently looking to upgrade from my 2008 HH Champagne - 34' overall length. I have only had one occasion where I could not get it into a parking spot. [That was a RV design error - not a driver issue.]

PM me if you are interested in a very solid ready to roll and boondock 5er.
Great Onan generator and Solar prep.

Or you can look at KansasRVCenter.com for their used inventory. They were the NuWa manufacturers and have some HichHikers and one Excel unit on their lot today.
I will keep checking their inventory from time to time.
Right now all options are over 34ft.
Thank you
BulldogRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #17

Hi Bulldog,
I agree with the Hitch Hiker and Excel suggestions. We are full timing in a 2008 35' HH Champagne and love it. Someone mentioned Kansas RV Center also. Last I knew they were rehabbing RV's there so there is a possibility for updates.
I would add that if you are going to full time you will want a washer and dryer. My wife would give up me before she gave up her washer/dryer.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddadles View Post
Hi Bulldog,
I agree with the Hitch Hiker and Excel suggestions. We are full timing in a 2008 35' HH Champagne and love it. Someone mentioned Kansas RV Center also. Last I knew they were rehabbing RV's there so there is a possibility for updates.
I would add that if you are going to full time you will want a washer and dryer. My wife would give up me before she gave up her washer/dryer.
Hhaha. Yes we discussed it with my wife. Our plan is boondock as much as possible. It is hard to use the washer and dryer on fresh water tank and batteries.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogRoad View Post
Hhaha. Yes we discussed it with my wife. Our plan is boondock as much as possible. It is hard to use the washer and dryer on fresh water tank and batteries.

I agree about water running out. However, we were thinking about the boondocking angle also and even installed solar. Have a $2200 battery changer. Took very little time to get over the want to boon dock as much as possible crap. This is where I'm living and I did not work all my life to rough it. JMHO. 9 years on the road and never looked back.

Brad
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #20

I think even the shorter DRVs/Doubletrees had 100 gal water tanks. 32 and 34 ft models, but heavy for the size.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddadles View Post
I agree about water running out. However, we were thinking about the boondocking angle also and even installed solar. Have a $2200 battery changer. Took very little time to get over the want to boon dock as much as possible crap. This is where I'm living and I did not work all my life to rough it. JMHO. 9 years on the road and never looked back.

Brad
You are right about that.
We will start with regular camping before we get used to the idea.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #22

32' would be great to find. After looking around I ended up modifying (list in sig) a 35'. Bunkbed for the kids replaced the recliners at the back.

In the summer we (4 of us + dog) use it for sleeping but in the winter with 10 hours of daylight we are inside allot more.

Drying the wet clothes from the kids takes up allot of space.
ALLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLOY View Post
32' would be great to find. After looking around I ended up modifying (list in sig) a 35'. Bunkbed for the kids replaced the recliners at the back.

In the summer we (4 of us + dog) use it for sleeping but in the winter with 10 hours of daylight we are inside allot more.

Drying the wet clothes from the kids takes up allot of space.
I think I will consider 35 too. 32 max limits my options a lot.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #24

I guess I made up my mind.
Grand Design Reflection 295RL seems like a good fit.
Good layout, adequate space, I can be a little bit flexible with the truck choice, 3 years old units are at my price range.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #25

If you haven't bought a rig yet and want a full time rated luxury rig on the shorter side take a look at the Lifestyle Luxury 32FW. Just saw one pop up for sale on RV trader. These are really nice luxury rigs built for full time. Not many around for sale .

We have a LS36FW and absolutely love it. They're stout RVs with a heavy duty box frame with lots of nice amenities , most have full body paint. You'd be buying used but getting a nice well built rig.
Thanks
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
If you haven't bought a rig yet and want a full time rated luxury rig on the shorter side take a look at the Lifestyle Luxury 32FW. Just saw one pop up for sale on RV trader. These are really nice luxury rigs built for full time. Not many around for sale .

We have a LS36FW and absolutely love it. They're stout RVs with a heavy duty box frame with lots of nice amenities , most have full body paint. You'd be buying used but getting a nice well built rig.
Thanks
They seem fine but a over my budget. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #27

Don't overlook that final years of the Sunnybrook line. Small-to Medium length trailers with a full aluminum superstructure (not "panel sidewall" construction). I know they were built through 2008 or so.

Here is an example of a 2007 on Craigslist: https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/r...736343980.html
Old 12-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jay View Post
Don't overlook that final years of the Sunnybrook line. Small-to Medium length trailers with a full aluminum superstructure (not "panel sidewall" construction). I know they were built through 2008 or so.

Here is an example of a 2007 on Craigslist: https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/r...736343980.html
Thanks for the advice. There are some decent ones out there.

Tags
full time, reflection