Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
Remote start over dual fuel.
I'm looking at this one:
https://www.peaveymart.com/Energizer...art-P1450.aspx

I will have to re-watch a YouTube video from love your RV. A few weeks ago I watch that video and it turned me off of the energizer product. I don’t remember what it was, so I’ll have to rewatch.

Thank you for the feedback.
wnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnorton View Post
I will have to re-watch a YouTube video from love your RV. A few weeks ago I watch that video and it turned me off of the energizer product. I don’t remember what it was, so I’ll have to rewatch.

I watched his review too and if I remember correctly it was the way the catches on some access panels were angled that he disliked but I don't think it'd be a turn off.
Check out the parallel cables offered for the Energizer inverter generator.
https://energizergenerators.com/ca/a...lel-power.html
Old 05-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #17

Quote:

I saw that too and the thing I did not like was the oil fill. I was way inside the panels and you needed a special container to fill it. That turned me off right there. I don't want to have to have some odd container that I need to keep track of just to fill the oil.

For me, I like the champion remote start model. It has an RV style plug so it is ready to go. Dual fuel would be nice and perhaps champion will add remote start to it's existing dual fuel product in the future.
MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #18

I would go with gas and remote start if I was doing it again. Right now I have gas and a pull cord.
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Hello all,

Still researching generators and options. I’m intrigued with the generators with remote start fobs and also the dual fuel options.

What are your thoughts on these two features specifically?

I find it interesting I can’t find a unit with both features.

Thank you in advance!
Why not both? When I ordered my 3400 Remote start, gasoline Champion, I simply asked that they install the regulator for propane and natural gas. I think it cost me an extra $150, Can't remember exactly. But being able to use propane in a pinch is HUGE. Also the DW who was never able to pull start anything, loves the remote starter. Let me know if you want a link to the Champion dealer I went through. The guy was great, he through in a high altitude jet, when he heard that we boondock on our property at 4200', also he installed an hour gauge for free. I can't say enough good things about our Champion Triple fuel remote start inverter/generator

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/generators-377889-3.html POST #35 shows a picture.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, generator, remote