Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #1

Grand Design

Does anyone have any experience with Grand Design Momentum 376th?
As compared to Keystone Montana High Country 381th?
The more research I do the more confused I get.
Any input be helpful.
Thanks
Mark
Kodak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:57 AM   #2

Cannot speak directly about either of the models you ask about. I have owned 2 Grand Design products. My experience has been 100% positive. The only issue I have had happened after out of warranty & GD still made it right. Good luck with whatever you decide.
yardbird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #3

I looked at those but discounted it because getting into bed with a motorcycle in the garage looked to be difficult. And having to unload the bike just to take a nap seamed ridiculous.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #4

A good friend just bought the Solitude 374TH. As far as I can tell, it’s basically the same floor plan without the fueling station. The first thing I can say is this thing is huge. You cannot do anything inside without pushing the slides out. Stopping to make a sandwich or use the toilet becomes more difficult. All that said, it is beautiful inside when set up. The front room works great for his kids and grand kids. Although I do recall something being said about heating with the bedroom door closed. The kids were freezing up front. Closing the door stopped the airflow/circulation and the thermostat was in the bedroom. They have a heat pump so I don’t know if or how that makes a difference. Also, using the outdoor kitchen was difficult to use because it was so high after leveling. That side needed lifting to make it level. Not a lot, but enough to make it difficult to use.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:32 AM   #5

actually the bed lift is for golf carts with roof...a motorcycle will fit fine with the bed in place at least on the grand design model I looked at in person
We too whittled down choices between montanas and grand design but are planning on a GD mostly on reputation and a few build differences we considered better for us
masdixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #6

My motorcycle is a full fared Yamaha FJR with a tall windshield. By the measuring tape it would not fit with the bed down.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
I looked at those but discounted it because getting into bed with a motorcycle in the garage looked to be difficult. And having to unload the bike just to take a nap seamed ridiculous.
This was one of my questions for my friend. Although he hasn't actually loaded his Harley yet, my friend is convinced he can still use his bed while the bike is inside. He needs to raise the bed to load and unload, but once it's tied down, the bed can lower all the way and not hit the bike. As per his measurements. Only time will tell if this works as planned. He is convinced he can get his bike and two kayaks in no problem.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
This was one of my questions for my friend. Although he hasn't actually loaded his Harley yet, my friend is convinced he can still use his bed while the bike is inside. He needs to raise the bed to load and unload, but once it's tied down, the bed can lower all the way and not hit the bike. As per his measurements. Only time will tell if this works as planned. He is convinced he can get his bike and two kayaks in no problem.
It is possible I am wrong too. I have never actually tried to put my bike in one. And I was going from memory of the height of my windshield when I measured. But it seamed too short. My wife hated the bedroom layout also so we discounted it after that and never confirmed the fitment.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:18 AM   #9

Thank you.
Grand Design seems to be a stand up company.
Kodak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:21 PM   #10

Also can't speak directly to the model listed, but can report being a happy camper with our Grand Design Momentum and Grand Design the company.

Good luck on your decision!
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #11

I too have a Grand Design Reflection fifth wheel. I agree about them being customer centered, however I never had any warranty work required.

When they came out with the Momentum toy haulers, they immediately because a big player in the toy hauler business. Let me just say they are the fastest growing company in the travel trailer and fifth wheel business, and the Momentums are very, very popular.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #12

+1 on Grand Design customer service. We bought a new Reflection 5th wheel this year, and had a minor issue with the bathroom heating ductwork. Since my dealer is a two hour drive and I couldn't find a mobile repair service that would return my calls, I ended up fixing it myself. I sent before and after photos and GD sent me a check both for materials and my time.
Camperdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperdawgs View Post
+1 on Grand Design customer service. We bought a new Reflection 5th wheel this year, and had a minor issue with the bathroom heating ductwork. Since my dealer is a two hour drive and I couldn't find a mobile repair service that would return my calls, I ended up fixing it myself. I sent before and after photos and GD sent me a check both for materials and my time.
This is how it is done to avoid ridiculous trips the dealer to fix minor problems. Even major problems depending on the skill of the owner.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #14

66 inches , that's 5.5 feet, of height in the garage with the bed down...

Tags
momentum, reflection