Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2023, 01:05 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design customer service

Not sure where to post this so please move if necessary. I needed help with a refrigerator issue I'm having with my Grand Design Reflection 260RD so I called Grand Design customer service. I hesitated to do so because I thought I'd be on hold for hours but I was very wrong about that. After selecting just one menu option, I was immediately connected with a human being who was able to help me. Our conversation lasted about maybe 2 minutes. I've never experienced this level of customer service with any other company period. Makes me glad I bought the product I did.
rahulke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2023, 01:10 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you for sharing your good experience. We usually only see complaints.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 09:15 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Ross & Sue, great news. it is nice to see positive information like this.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 07:42 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Great to hear. People spoke highly of them initially but then is slipped. Maybe they stepped up their game again with new competition form Alliance and Brinkley. Safe travels.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:32 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our 230RL is an 2018. We go to the Rallies often. Great Fun and meet great people.
We make a list of a few minor issues and submit the first day.
They will fix anything other than the sewage tanks.
Done free. Even got a $3-400 window replaced.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:17 PM   #6

Nice to hear!

What was issue with fridge that Customer Service was able to fix?
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:31 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
The fridge wouldn't turn on at all, so I did some research about the possible cause. That lead me to believe it was a specific 15-amp fuse inside the refrigerator. I needed to know where it was located so he told me. Turns out he was wrong and no one else has yet been able to answer the question correctly. My original post was just about how easy it was to reach a human being at Grand Design.

After turning on the battery disconnect, the fridge works when I'm connected to shore power. The trouble now is that nothing works in the camper when running only on battery power. None of the lights power on and the refrigerator doesn't work. I'm told the battery disconnect can go bad, so I'll test that when I get a chance. Oh, and the solar controller won't stay on the "lithium" setting. It's been a very frustrating year so far.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:45 AM   #8

So customer service was easy to reach and speak to a human but was NOT of any help..................

Fridge needs DC to function
Shore power.......sounds like Converter is working/supplying proper voltage to DC System
Battery power......nothing working
Could be Battery Disconnect or could be blown Main DC fuse (Battery POS Cable)
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:22 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Old-Biscuit, that's correct - easy to reach but not helpful. The "easy to reach" part, however, is important and rare and I really appreciate it. But, the longer I own this camper, the more I realize that the quality is not near as good as the Flagstaff trailer I traded in. I don't remember having any problems with the Flagstaff (other than tires) during our 5 years of ownership.

You're not the first person to mention the battery disconnect so I'll check that this weekend along with the main DC fuse. Someone also mentioned an auto-resetting breaker or fuse between the battery and the disconnect so I'll check that as well. I appreciate the feedback, thanks.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:47 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
OK, I'm going to use the excuse that this is only my 2nd season with this camper so I'm still learning it. I tested the battery disconnect and there was no current going to it at all. Tracing back to the battery, I found a red cable with a terminal ring on the end that was not connected to anything. Turns out there are 2 red cables that need to be connected to the battery. Maybe I'll get this camper figured out before I retire (3.5 years). Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

Tags
grand design, service