Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2022, 04:05 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Not in CA or WA. ID and MT yes but we rarely travel to those states. All the other states are way out of our travel range.
Then I suspect the topic should have been directed at those specific states. I doubt most people commenting here are also clairvoyant.

Take advantage of all the resources that are available on cell phones, on the internet, and in print. Then choose which state you are interested in and where you may want to travel.
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2022, 07:04 AM   #44

Look into US Lawshield, they are cheep insurance and have lawyers that can advise you on traveling with a gun.

"NJ will give you 18 months for each hollow point bullet" just for starters.
Ckduallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:16 AM   #45

Old Saying:"Better to have a loaded gun and not need it than to need a loaded gun and not have it."
Something a LEO told me years ago that I never forgot:"We will protect you when we get to you. It is up to you to protect yourself until then."
I have wild game hunted for over 60 years and had two times when I almost fired my gun when someone stepped right in front of the barrel.
I have had nightmares about that for many years so I do NOT take any chances of an accident occurring.
CAUTION. CAUTION. CAUTION. You cannot put the bullet back in the barrel of a gun once you fire the gun.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 04:28 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearranged View Post
As long as the trunk monkey doesn't find it you're all right.
Those were some of the best ads ever. Thanks for the reminder.
Here's a link for those that never saw them.

https://www.suburbanautogroup.com/trunk-monkey-videos/

There are older ads on youtube. search Trunk Monkey by itself. The donut one killed me back in the day.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:45 PM   #47

This is an interesting story, and why I carry on the trail. https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...park/13231247/
Old 06-09-2022, 10:15 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Best advice.......

Weapon unloaded and ammo stored separate from weapon

In before the Lock LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperLifer View Post
Seriously ? What good is an unloaded weapon ?
OP asked about weapon in 5th wheel while traveling
Loaded/unloaded the weapon is NOT accessible while traveling

Weapon unloaded and ammo stored separate from weapon is the legal way to transport weapon while traveling thru the states

Now what one does when they stop is up to them and their own decision
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperLifer View Post
Not true. You can take guns into New York. I have.
Doing so and being LEGAL are 2 different things.....

A person cannot have a firearm in the state of New York unless they have the permits and license to do so, whether it is open carry or concealed carry. Without the requisite licensing, the person runs afoul the law. Some states do not have any such licensing requirements, even for handguns, but that is not the case in this state. Further, even if the gun is not loaded, and even when that was a deliberate and conscientious precaution taken by the gun owner, if the ammunition is accessible and available to load into the firearm then the law will deem that the weapon was loaded, which can lead to even more severe charges and punishment.

https://www.new-york-lawyers.org/tra...-new-york.html
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:04 AM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Those were some of the best ads ever. Thanks for the reminder.
Here's a link for those that never saw them.

https://www.suburbanautogroup.com/trunk-monkey-videos/

There are older ads on youtube. search Trunk Monkey by itself. The donut one killed me back in the day.
A real trunk monkey killed a relation while killing and maiming others in the DC/Maryland area 20 some years ago.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:11 PM   #51

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Old Saying:"Better to have a loaded gun and not need it than to need a loaded gun and not have it."
Something a LEO told me years ago that I never forgot:"We will protect you when we get to you. It is up to you to protect yourself until then."
I have wild game hunted for over 60 years and had two times when I almost fired my gun when someone stepped right in front of the barrel.
I have had nightmares about that for many years so I do NOT take any chances of an accident occurring.
CAUTION. CAUTION. CAUTION. You cannot put the bullet back in the barrel of a gun once you fire the gun.
As a 25 year retired LEO great advice, my mantra, "911 or your own handgun?" Being covered by the Home Land security act I don't worry about carrying, LEO or retired check out LEOSA 2004.

Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote