Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #43

Jack, I agree that Newmar should have been on that pre-2008 list, I forgot about Newmar. It's too bad that they abandoned the luxury fifth wheel market in recent years to stay just with motorhomes. When I took the "tour" of the company (still in the fifth wheel days) the fifths and motorhomes were being built on the same line and there was lots of similarity in construction details and finish. The "high end philosophy" from their motorhomes was definitely "rubbing off" into their fifths.
When Evergreen started the Lifestyle line they did it with the crew from Carriage. What had me and bunch of Carriage owners excited was the fact that Carriage's Director of Engineering went with the group and was basically heading the effort. I've known him for years and I spoke with him at Lifestyle when they were getting it going. I understand he has left since, but I am sure his mark is on that brand. I had lot of respect for his professionalism and as you know me I am very stingy with respect for anyone in this industry.
One of the things he insisted on at Lifestyle was that they build their own frames (just as Carriage did) and it's a double box high wall frame, just as Carriage had and my rig has. The Carriage owners who flocked to the brand made it very clear to the company that if they abandoned that frame and went with the crap from Lippert they could kiss that group Good Bye.
You might find it interesting that Evergreen just "re-started" the Alpha Gold name and fifths. Those rigs had also good reputation for quality in the pre-2008 years. Apparently they do own the name, unlike the Carriage name (in Thor's paws). Interesting layouts in the three Alpha Gold's models they came up with.
hjsdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #44

I Own A 2009 DRV I paid $111,000 And Have Friends With Them. I Would Not Put A DRV Built After 2007 On The List of quality Built RVs Feel Free To Call Me 903 691 9442.
rhqjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #45

Puppy Paths: The Start Of Our DRV Elite Suite RVing Journey!! is the web site of one of my friends who has had problems with DRV.

My DRV has been to the factory 5 times and in shops or repaired onsite 16 more time. I spent over $10,000.00 going to the factory and renting hotel rooms My 2009 38' mobile Suite has had Roof issues it was replaced at factory and is worse than the original. The fridge broke 6 time finally replaced, it has failed me 3 times since replacement it now has a code but is cooling. Brakes have been problematic from day one. Hydraulic leveling problems, including leaks. Crack in the fiberglass in the side between slide and door for sewer hose compartment, electrical converter problems, many water leaks, cabinet hinges, desk top cracked, Air conditioning issues, TV lift, Inverter wiring issues..This is just a few of the problems. I left it at the factory for 6 months was told it was done, went to factory to pick it up they had not worked on it I was there for anoter 2 weeks.
i was going to sue them Tom Peck promised if I would not sue them, DRV would repair it until everything was fixed. I went back to the factory the worked on it but it still had problems. Tom Peck had retired they said it was out of warranty, and would not work on it again.
feel free to call me with question Russell Quinton 903 691 9442
rhqjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #46

New Horizons Owners Club
High end 5th wheel

We are on our 2nd New Horizon. We love it. [moderator edit]
BillorTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillorTeresa View Post
We are on our 2nd New Horizon. We love it. [moderator edit]
I'm glad you love it. It looks very familiar to us....

Wonder what got edited out?
Old 07-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #48

New Horizons Owners Club
Quality 5er?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mayer View Post
I'm glad you love it. It looks very familiar to us....

Wonder what got edited out?
Not sure. I'm still learning what can and cannot be said or done

We posted our '08 Summit in the classifieds and mentioned that someplace. That was ok, but not ok was putting the link to the factory link. I learn something all the time

Bill did research some other high end units but in the end decided New Horizons were built the best from his standpoint.

Someone mentioned in our classified that they are sorry they missed our Summit after buying another brand. They have seen our Summit and said the quality was excellent so that was nice to hear.

Tags
quality