Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #1

Highland Ridge Mesa Ridge experience?

Just bought used 2016 Highland Ridge Mesa Ridge MF376FBH. Love the lay-out but we know nothing about 5th wheel RV's. We owned a class A up to now. We have 3 days to back out of the deal. Is this a good quality 5th wheel? Anything odd about this model we should know about? Price was $40,000 but seems low for a 1yr old unit. Should we be concerned? Now we have to figure what kind of truck to pull it with. Ron
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2016, 11:40 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well did you end up keeping it or back out of the deal. The only thing I've heard about Highland Ridge is some of the owners I've talked to had problems with the slide outs, but those were on the 3x models. As far as a truck I would get a 1-ton dually with a huge payload, then no worries about towing.
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #3

Those trailers are pretty light you can go with an SRW and still not worry about weight. Your choice
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #4

Yes, we kept it. And now, we want to sell our 2016 Windsport 35c and 2013 Honda CRV toad. Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #5

We looked at that layout. Awesome storage. I hated the position of the bed and shower. Otherwise a mobile mechanic I talked to hates the slide out system. I think you'll enjoy it though. He could only tell me one bad story about that slide out system and he's been in the business for 30yrs.
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #6

How do you like it so far? We stumbled on one today at an RV show and really like it.

Any issues? I know it's only been a month or so.
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #7

Hi there, We love the floor plan on this however, General RV in Dover, Fl is allowing us to leave it with them until we sell our 2016 Thor Windsport 35C. Once we sell the Windsport then we will purchase a 3500 1 ton dually & go pick it up. So we have had no experience with it...sorry. We are surprised our class A has not sold yet at the newness of it and the low price we are asking. Ron
Old 01-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #8

Congratulations on your new 5er. We own a 2012 Open Range Residential and did a lot of research on the BAL slide system before we purchased our unit. Like anything else, things can and will break. The key is to do regular maintenance and spot the trouble before it fails. Some of the biggest complaints about the cable slide system is where the cable goes through the weather strip. If the cable isn't adjusted properly it can tear the seal. OR recognized the problem and added additional strips to beef up the seals, but it still can be an area of concern.

Now that Thor has purchased Jayco, it will be interesting to see how warranty work will be affected. The original company, Open Range, was very good with customer service. I've heard good things about Jayco (which built your rig) as well. Now that they are a division of Thor...we'll see.

If you are interested, the annual Coming Home Rally for all Open Range models is in August at Shipshewana. There are over 200 units, great food, fun, and factory tours.
You can get more information at www.openrangeowners.com
offdutyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #9

On the BAL slides, keep a close eye on the cables. Replacement is far easier when you catch them before several strands break and ball up in the mechanism.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote