Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #1

Smile How to set up cupboards, etc?

How to have my interior storage (food items, dishes) NOT move around during a road trip?

I know I need to put down that rubber waffle mat in all cupboards
and drawers.

What about the liquor cabinet bottles?

Tips, pointers, suggestions are most welcome!
wingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #2

Try using a plastic milk carton and the plastic mesh sleeves over liquor and wine bottles. Works for us. Keeps them standing upright.
Dishes and cups in a cupboard use the anti slip shelf liner. Not the plastic bead style. They breakdown into small round beads too fast. Don't put soda pop, bottled water or beer cases on any shelf in the rear. Will break the shelf. Personal experience on that one. Put the on the floor.. rear of trailer gets the most bounce.

RoadrunnerII
Old 04-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #3

Trailer Shocks and balance the tires

7 yrs FT travel and other then just the 'waffle' mats we didn't do anything special

Had an 8 piece Noritake China set (Mom's) in glass door cabinet and no issues.

Only thing that broke during those 7 yrs was a Corelle plate that I dropped, it bounced, smacked screen door causing it to fly open and then the plate flipped out doorway and broke when it landed on a rock I was using to hold patio mat down

Things do not move around that much.......
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #4

We do the same as Old Biscuit without any problems.
allenb12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #5

I also agree with Old Biscuit. We also put the Waffle mats between the plates when we move. We get an occasional broken glass just from vibration and we lost 1 Corelle bowl in 9 years of full timing.

Brad
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #6

My wife bought small curtain tension rods that expand out by twisting and places those across fridge items and keeps them snug and in place. Should work for liquor bottles too.

Cheap too:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...ength/50015124
Old 04-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #7

Anyone use this type of storage / space saver set-up?

https://www.amazon.ca/Grayline-45710...en+storage+set
wingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We use the rubber waffle mat on the cabinet bottoms like others and between the teflon pans. No where else. All plates, bowls, etc are just stacked like at the S&B and have never had any issue. Doors stay shut, stuff stays in where it should be and life is good. We have a mid kitchen design floor plan.

Only strange thing is with the current brand of paper towels they will unroll while traveling unless we put a gear tie around the roll.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #9

We put coffee filters between the plates and bowls for travel days. For liquor or wine bottles, getting a box from the liquor store that has dividers works well.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #10

I also use scoot guard on all cupboards as well as between pans/lids. I use old men's socks over wine and liquor bottles-works great! Spices, etc I use inexpensive Walmart small plastic tubs and turn the lower part of tub against wall to ensure they won't bounce out. Other than that, no issues ever. I do keep heavy syrup bottles close to floor.
olyshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #11

I added addition catches to cupboard doors. It was that or add bungie cords to keep cupboard doors closed.

I did this after we stopped and found a broken plate on the floor.

Oh, whenever you stop, open up doors slowly and be ready to catch anything that may fall out.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote