Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #1

Hydraulic Jacks

I have a 2017 Sandpiper 377FLIK with the LCI auto leveling system. I am having problems with retracting the jacks. This is the fourth time that I have had the same problem. I will try my best to explain what is happening.

To put the jacks down you turn on the key pad and extend the jacks. You can also use the auto leveling when you get the trailer off the truck. When you are ready to put the trailer back on the truck you turn on the keypad, push the retract key to bring the jacks up. There is more than one way to extract the jacks but you have to push the retract key any time you want the jacks to come up. Every time my jacks have given me problems with the retract feature the problem has always been the level control module. This is the fourth time it has given out. Would anyone have any suggestions on what would be causing the level control module to give out?

Thanks
Lloyd
lloydhillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2020, 11:14 PM   #2

Its been a while since I worked on Ground Control rollovers but...

I seem to remember a service bulletin regarding retracting after truck height if system was initiated for truck height and coach was higher than truck. Partial solution was to lower coach kingpin to well under truck, then do truck height. Permanent solution is replace with something else.

Pump always seemed to draw excessive current until I began upgrading battery cable size to 2ga.

Motor electrical noise was pronounced on a few units. Installed a freewheel diode across (backwards) battery cable connection at relay.

Solenoids were burning up relays. Installed freewheel diodes across these as well.

The %÷×%&;; sensor isn't always water proof (and instruction manual indicated as such). I started installing sensor in 6x6 inch plastic junction box designed for explosive environments. Cable entered box from rear of coach, through a gland coupler (has collapsible membrane that seals) whose seal was backed up by permatex and epoxy. Sensor was orientated correctly, just installed a bit differently. Occasionally, I would use bypass capacitors across sensor power leads after modifying harness "a bit" inside jbox.

I started to see a pattern emerge when used with 3 / 4 stage chargers. Had 3 clients identified with identical failures, out of warranty. Same systems, similar build dates (mid 2015), same erratic but intermittent failures. All had 3 stage wfco with 14.5 cutoff voltages. Never got a root cause analysis but all 3 replaced, with generous labor paid by lci, and little flak despite being way outside warranty.

If you couldn't tell, I hate the damn things. Especially the keypads.
Krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, jacks