Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2021, 07:31 PM   #1

I wonder why????

So I was just looking at RV parks across the country today and saw some that interested me only to find out they are for class A motor coaches "only". Why? I understand that the owner of the RV park has a right to set these rules, but many of us have beautiful 5th wheels that would compliment their RV park. My Redwood has full body paint with awesome colors. I wonder how one of these class A motor coach owners would react if they came to an RV park and was told the park didn't except their kind of RV Bet that wouldn't go over very well.
Just venting.
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrn View Post
So I was just looking at RV parks across the country today and saw some that interested me only to find out they are for class A motor coaches "only". Why? I understand that the owner of the RV park has a right to set these rules, but many of us have beautiful 5th wheels that would compliment their RV park. My Redwood has full body paint with awesome colors. I wonder how one of these class A motor coach owners would react if they came to an RV park and was told the park didn't except their kind of RV Bet that wouldn't go over very well.
Just venting.
They can make more money off of the Class As.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:24 PM   #3

It sounds like some weird form of snobbery to me.
tetranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #4

Came across several places across the USA when we FTd

SO what?

Their business, their investments, their choice on how to run the business

I just go on down the road to another CG and spend my $$ there

Free enterprise

Like Groucho said
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:18 AM   #5

They don't want us "trailer trash" in their place. I suppose I understand it. There are those of us with nice, newer trailers..... and then there are those of us with 30 year old trailers and all the glory that often (not always) comes with them. Kind of like a 10-year rule for RVs in certain parks. As Old-Biscuit says, their money, their park, their rules.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #6

In the marine world you have the snooty 'yacht clubs' for the blow boats that cost a fortune but can be seen motoring around most of the time. Then you have 'boat clubs' for the more regular folk who have power & sailboats. Then there are the public boat ramps for the trailer crowd.

Much is the same in the RV world. There are the snooty class A 'resorts' for the mostly tag axle $1M plus people who don't know what dry camping means. Next is the RV only CGs that don't want tenters. Then there are the rest who will take anyone .
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Honestly, I have been told by some with the higher end motorhomes that they do not want to be lumped together with the lowly trailers. For the most part, most RVers are not like that, but there are a few.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #8

Desert Shores in Indio only allows diesel class A motorhomes so if you have an upscale gas class A you have to go down the street to the other high dollar resort in town, Motorcoach Country Club.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #9

Just like places that require a Tie and Jacket or "Appropriate" dress. Glad they are there so we all have choices.
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:06 AM   #10

To me it is no big deal their park and their rules.

I tend to favor RV resorts that allow only 10 year or newer trailers / Motor Homes and no tents campers are allowed. I am willing to pay the additional overnight fees that these parks charge. These RV Resorts fit my needs.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrn View Post
Just venting.
On some sites for Class "A" only, if you look the utilities are on the wrong side for your 5th wheel. Especially true if it is a head "in" site to overlook a lake or something like that.
But yes some places are just for Class "A", I know there is one park just for "Airstreams" I think it is Alabama north of Pensacola area.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:07 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't feel bad - they won't take my class A because it is less than 35 feet long...
Old 01-24-2021, 05:31 AM   #13

I don't let it bother me. They wouldn't be happy with my 1987 Wanderlodge either. But I am secure in the knowledge that my old bus without a bunch of fancy " everything controlled by a computer " will still be rolling down the road, taking our family to all of the great places to see in this wonderful country while their million dollar coaches sit for months waiting for warranty repairs from manufacturers that don't care. The best part of it is the snobs are all in one place and that isn't where we are. Anyone is welcome to park their tent, trailer or whatever next to us. We are glad to have you.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:43 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
To me it is no big deal their park and their rules.

I tend to favor RV resorts that allow only 10 year or newer trailers / Motor Homes and no tents campers are allowed. I am willing to pay the additional overnight fees that these parks charge. These RV Resorts fit my needs.
You might be the first person here that I've seen speak in favor of the 10 year rule, normally it's more along the lines of 'tell me the name of the place so I know to avoid them' type comments. Apparently places like that exist because there are people that prefer them, go figure.