Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2020, 09:06 AM   #15

I would add another vote for the River Stone line, have owned our Legacy since 2016 and have had very few issues, they now are making a lighter line model called the Reserve. If weight is a issue you might want to check them out.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
Luxe are nice but a new horizons they are not. A new horizons weighs probably double that of a luxe. That weight is empty. Equal to a DrV mobile suites maybe.
Luxe is a heavy FW but is not half of the weight of the NH.
buc1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #17

Ok - back to not top tier 5th wheels.

I like the Montana and and the lower level Cougar. Both are rated and warranted for full time living.

I think Courgar might be the best 5th for the $$$.

But in that category there are over a dozen other 5th wheels that I have not reviewed.

Cougar vs Flagstaff/Rockwood who knows which is better. Probably need to buy on of each and keep them for 10 years to know.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #18

KZ RV Club
Here a short non bias video on what to look for in the better made 5W's.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:47 AM   #19

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
So you are telling me that my coach empty weighing 20,000 with a max CWR of 24,000 is only half a NH??? That is [Mod Edit] and you know it!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Ok - back to not top tier 5th wheels.

I like the Montana and and the lower level Cougar. Both are rated and warranted for full time living.

I think Courgar might be the best 5th for the $$$.

But in that category there are over a dozen other 5th wheels that I have not reviewed.

Cougar vs Flagstaff/Rockwood who knows which is better. Probably need to buy on of each and keep them for 10 years to know.
Sorry, I had a Cougar 5th wheel and I would never own another one nor any product built by THOR umbral corporation. After my experience with them and trying to get service after the warranty period was up. I was not looking for free labor/parts but wanted the dealer to fix some issues and purchase the items. Keystone/Cougar would not supply the required parts, that was their responsibility for.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
So you are telling me that my coach empty weighing 20,000 with a max CWR of 24,000 is only half a NH??? That is [Mod Edit] and you know it!
I was referring to conselenut post.
buc1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #22

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
I beg your pardon! My Luxe Elite maxes out at 24,000 lbs. You should fact check before spewing false statements!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #23

Quote:
An Elite Luxe is in the same weight range in the 42 foot range with comparable options. As they go bigger though, the NH will weigh slightly more due to the frame enhancements NH does. Luxe is a heavy unit and always have been.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I beg your pardon! My Luxe Elite maxes out at 24,000 lbs. You should fact check before spewing false statements!
Luxe compares to Redwood, drv
No where NH OR SPACECRAFT
Old 10-06-2020, 07:53 PM   #25

First stop for me, before opening the door or looking at anything else, is getting on hands & knees to look at spring hanger areas.

Right there is the beginning of made cheap & in a hurry or quality & good engineering.

Far too many of them are frame issues waiting to happen.

Next is specs. Less than 80 gal fresh water gets cut from the herd. Moving inside I am looking at things like cabinet hardware & fixture quality before considering layout & furniture material colours etc.

Don't be fooled by cheap bling.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
An Elite Luxe is in the same weight range in the 42 foot range with comparable options. As they go bigger though, the NH will weigh slightly more due to the frame enhancements NH does. Luxe is a heavy unit and always have been.
Simple take a Luxe put it in 110 degree heat. Set two A/C 72 degrees on the thermostat. read the electric Meter on your coach and the NH spacecraft etc. In 48 hours read the usage of both rigs. Based on meter readings. Youll find the luxe will use more KWH of electricity. In doing this youll see the insulation build quality and overall performance. Ive done this test with my rig vs a DRV Mobile Suites and a a few otbers over the years. My Kilowatt useage per the meter was 25-30% less. Say what you will nothing beats a meter test in high heat an humidity.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
If it is as you claim. How much pin are you carrying. Ive not seen a NH or Spacecraft pulled by less then a 450 most are Sport chassis and HDT. Luxe ive seen pulled by 3500. May be rated for 24k on axle capacity. But scale weight axles pin etc may reveal something different. My pin weight is 6200 as an example with empty tanks.

A dodge 3500 with the air bag suspension tboight it wanted to try my pin. It buried the rear of the truck. and jacks werent even up yet. Air ride switch to pick the truck up level and it didnt budge. something to be saod for this. But hey to each his own. Enjoy luxe im sure it serves your intended purpose.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #28

If I had the money and a MDT, New Horizon without a doubt.

Tags
5th wheel, quality