Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Heartland RV Club
Installed GlowStep Revolution Stairs

Our Big Country had the factory fold down steps ( 3 ) and usually they work fine ...... but over Spring break, camping with our Grandsons they fell short. We were staying in a TX State Park that had concrete slabs to park your trailer on. Our site had trees on two sides and that caused us to need to be as far over toward the door side as we could get. When I put the steps down, they extended past the pad and of course that first step was much taller than the others. After climbing in and out of the trailer for 10 days, we decided to treat ourselves to a new set of steps.

I had looked at the various options available and decided that my preference was the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution so I measured the coach, talked to TorkLift and got my set ordered. They arrived yesterday so we went over to storage and installed them this afternoon. The installation is was very simple and all I needed for tools was the allen wrench that came with the steps, a 9/16" ratcheting box wrench, 9/16" socket & ratchet and a phillips screwdriver.

Removed the four bolts holding the old steps to the brackets and removed the steps. Took the new steps out of the mounting enclosure for ease of mounting. Slipped the new step enclosure between the brackets and installed the four bolts......Slipped the stair assembly back into the bracket and re-installed the two mounting bolts and we were done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OS1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	632.8 KB
ID:	157369   Click image for larger version

Name:	OS2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	157370  

Name:	OS3.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	157371   Click image for larger version

Name:	NS1.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	157373  

Name:	NS2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	157374   Click image for larger version

Name:	NS9.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	157375  

Name:	NS4.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	157376   Click image for larger version

Name:	NS11.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	157379  

Name:	NS7.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	157380   Click image for larger version

Name:	NS12.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	157381  

ratler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Thanks for posting. I'm interested in those as they seem to be less steep and a little more navigable than the standard RV steps they replace.
The latest trend seems to be the new MorRyde Step Above steps. I really like the comfort and sure footed feel of them ascending and descending.
However, I have 2 concerns - 1) I would not want them in tight spots like in my current (soon to change) storage lot and 2) I would not folding them up when wet.
Give us an update after a few uses. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
Thanks for posting. I'm interested in those as they seem to be less steep and a little more navigable than the standard RV steps they replace.
The latest trend seems to be the new MorRyde Step Above steps. I really like the comfort and sure footed feel of them ascending and descending.
However, I have 2 concerns - 1) I would not want them in tight spots like in my current (soon to change) storage lot and 2) I would not folding them up when wet.
Give us an update after a few uses. Thanks!
Good point! I really like the MorRyde steps but had not thought about the problem of folding them in when wet.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We really like the Torklift Glowsteps. We were a relatively early adopter a couple of years ago and had some positive give-and-take with the factory since our rig had a slightly different mounting system. Torklift was an excellent company to work with.
The Glowsteps have less rise from step to step and the tread depth is greater than the standard three steps. No bounce either. My wife's back bothers her and my knee bothers me. These steps are much easier for both of us to navigate. People that see them in campgrounds want to know where we got them.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #5

So how's the 'glow' part of the steps? Does that work pretty well? Seems useful.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicRT View Post
So how's the 'glow' part of the steps? Does that work pretty well? Seems useful.
The glow consists of two small square patches at the front corners of each step. They glow well into the evening making the step locations visible in dark conditions. Personally to us, it's a nice feature but the other virtues of the steps are more important to us.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #7

Thanks. I'm going to buy one or the other. We looked at and tried the MorRyde (or a version of it?) that comes on the new Montanas. Very stable, but wasn't initially sold on the design - maybe only because it is so different. Need to try the Torklift now.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #8

I installed a set and we just love them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Deployed.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	199410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stowed 1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	199411  

Name:	DSC02133.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	199412  
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #9

I have a set on my rig, and they are great. The four steps make them very adjustable, even when we're in spots that are uneven. Solid, no bounce, and feel just as good at the MorRyde without having to fold them inside.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:41 AM   #10
IC2

There are actually three options:
Tork Lift Glow Steps
MORRyde Step Above
Lippert Solid Steps which are similar to the MORryde. We have the Solid Steps and my DW loves the stability.

They are all good though the Tork Lift at +200 bucks more then the MORryde or Lippert offerings may put them out of you price abilities. Do your homework for your needs

As far as water entering when folded up in a storm - that's a ridiculous supposition as you bring more water and dirt in while it's raining on your feet then these steps. And whatever is there - it's easily wiped down with a towel or a couple paper towels. Then how often do you really break camp in a torrential downpour. Next, there is that awning - and most all now are electric and many are operated by a remote of some sort and it covers the doorway.

My only potential negative I've seen is that you do need about 4 feet clearance to open the Step Above or Solid Step though that has never hindered our use anywhere including at tight truck stop parking lots
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #11

Nice job.

On a somewhat less related note, I'd be scared stiff if I were the makers of the GlowStep.

As more and more RV manufacturers start using the MORryde and Lippert one piece steps as original equipment, there is no longer a cavity or receiver on the RV for the GlowStep product.

Each day, their market opportunity is shrinking, both with new units and as old units get decommissioned. They need to score a major OE contract in a hurry.
Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #12

One more very good improvement for the Torqlift Revolution is that is made total from aluminum .No more rust, period.And don't forget lifetime warranty.
buc1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdave View Post
Nice job.

On a somewhat less related note, I'd be scared stiff if I were the makers of the GlowStep.

As more and more RV manufacturers start using the MORryde and Lippert one piece steps as original equipment, there is no longer a cavity or receiver on the RV for the GlowStep product.

Each day, their market opportunity is shrinking, both with new units and as old units get decommissioned. They need to score a major OE contract in a hurry.
The Tork Lift Glow Steps were originally not even built for trailers. Tork Lift started out making most things for truck campers. Like the Tork Lift camper tie downs and Fastguns and such. Their steps still work on TC so their market might decline some on trailers but they still have the TC crowd. I have owned many Tork Lift products over the course of time owning many truck campers. They make a high quality product and stand behind their product.
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #14

My measurements indicated a four step revolution setup but I ended up adding another step.....making it a five step. On the four step the top distance was a little too far. Nice steps....
WagonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, led, revolution