Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Anybody else feel this community is heavy on motorhome and cheap travel trailer users?? Let's here more from the fifth wheel community!
FaithBowls
As the name states this is the iRV2 TRAVEL TRAILER, 5TH WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUM....(both cheap and otherwise).
However motor home owners do sometimes reply, (often with excellent answers and advice).
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #30

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Send a message via Yahoo to cbramsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
FaithBowls
As the name states this is the iRV2 TRAVEL TRAILER, 5TH WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUM....(both cheap and otherwise).
However motor home owners do sometimes reply, (often with excellent answers and advice).
In addition there is this:

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

We are ALL RV enthusiasts here. Some of us just happen to own 5th Wheels. Others of us do not.
2015 Ford F450 Platinum DRW , 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 Charleston Me, Wife, "Canines" Lucy [Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier mix] & Fawn [Chihuahua] and “Felines” Pixel & Pollux [Manx], Iris, Pepper & Max [DSH], Mystique [DLH]
cbramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
I have noticed on two of three rv forums I belong to MH issues dominate the posts. The one forum not dominated by that type of post is Dutchmen's forum for obvious reasons. I am certainly not trying to start a flame war or insult anyone since it is obvious that MH's have systems that towed units do not have, specifically drive trains and steering. Having said that, it appears to me that a certain number of MH owners may not have as much mechanical aptitude, or interest in obtaining and using the necessary skills, as the owners of towed vehicles. Again, let me stress, that this is not meant as an insult. I do feel that many towed vehicle owners take great pride in doing virtually all of the repairs, maintenance and upgrades to their units themselves and have taken the time to learn the necessary skills to accomplish their goals. This attitude seems less prevalent among a certain segment of MH owners. It is possible that some people don't want to invest their time in working on a unit and would rather spend their time traveling or recreating and that is not only a good thing it is outstanding that they have the means to do that.

As for me, with my small cheap trailer, a good portion of the fun of owning it is doing the mods and maintenance myself. That may not be as important to some MH owners.
I've been wrong before and probably will be again.
RichH
I've been RV'ing since 1957 when my parents rented a 17' TT, didn't even have a toilet, just a pull out with a hole cut in it and a plastic bag hanging from the frame. No refer, just an icebox. Then they special ordered an '58 18' KenCraft TT that was so heavy they blew out tires on almost every trip. In 1967 I got my first TT and have had TT's up till 1988 when we got our first MH, a 17' Type B. Over those years I have gained a bit of knowledge of RV's and my work allows me time to share.
No, I won't be able to help with the location of a component in another rig, but at least I might be able to help with it's operation.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
FaithBowls
Mel... I was pondering this thread and saw your post and I concluded that the reason I scan or read many threads in many categories is that I read things that interest me. Could easily be something I don't personally own, never owned, have no desire to own, or vowed never to own. Just interested. But what happens is, you see people posting routinely and whether you've engaged them or not, you get to know where they're coming from. Ya may even find a friend or two. So ya join in. So there ya go then...
-----

There are other threads similar to this. Where was my brand x last year? The Convection Oven in my 123... My Model Name house water pump. All neatly tucked away where the XYZ, 123, Model Name discussions belong.

I'm glad there's some crossover. The more people sharing the better. Makes the thread longer and we don't have to fix whatever it is now because we don't have the answer yet. Waiting on one of those 3 guys to lend a hand. That is why we're here isn't it?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #33

I really don't give it much thought ... I typically scan by topic. If the rooftop A/C has died I don't care what platform it is mounted on ... I read the thread ... etc. etc.

Tags
forum, motorhome