Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

JT's Strongarm

JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers

Installed 'em and I like them. I feel they do take a lot of the rockin' and rollin' out of our 5r. My only problem is remembering to loosen the T bolts before retracting the jacks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

We had them as OEM on our 2011 Open Range. We loved them as well. I placed a sign next to the jack switches. Labeled "Strongarms" and "TV Antenna" and "Water Pump", three things I was prone to forget before breaking camp.
camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #3

I installed the BAL Strongarm - does a great job of stopping the swing and sway and rock and roll. The BAL are less expensive and they use the same nut as on the scissor jacks as on the stabilizers rather than the 'T' bar on the JTs...makes it easy to loosen (or tighten) as you go around putting down the scissor jacks - just reach over with the same crank and either loosen or tighten.

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #4

I just installed them this past weekend on the landing gear. Still need to figure out how to install them for the rear jacks since there is no cross member to attach to. I agree they do help a bit with the sway.
Martin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #5

Camr- I gotta do that!!

Timay- I looked at the BAL but the Stongarms were on sale at the time. To me they looked like the same quality.

Martin6- Our spare tire is under the body and I bolted the two rear ones to one of the rails that holds the tire in place. They go from side to side. Theres a video from Lippert showing how to install them. On the frame in the video there isn't a crossmember to bolt the stabilizer to so they add a piece of angle iron from side to side, then bolt to it.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #6

I installed them on my landing gear and they really helped but I was wondering if they would make much difference on the rear electric stabilizers?
justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
Martin6- Our spare tire is under the body and I bolted the two rear ones to one of the rails that holds the tire in place. They go from side to side. Theres a video from Lippert showing how to install them. On the frame in the video there isn't a crossmember to bolt the stabilizer to so they add a piece of angle iron from side to side, then bolt to it.
Adding an angle iron cross member is my plan. With the spare tire and the pull out storage rack there isn't much room.
Martin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #8

Justafordguy- We have the Lippert 4 point electric leveling system. I was amazed at the difference when I install the front. And then equally amazed when I installed the rear. As we all know there's no such thing as rock solid in a camper, but this is pretty darn close.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Justafordguy- We have the Lippert 4 point electric leveling system. I was amazed at the difference when I install the front. And then equally amazed when I installed the rear. As we all know there's no such thing as rock solid in a camper, but this is pretty darn close.
Did you install forward and side to side strong arms on the rear?
Old 08-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
PJL

Might also want to look at the Steadyfast system. Simple to install and use. Only 3 large wingnuts to tighten. Very effective in stabilizing our large rig.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #11

Justafordguy-
Just side to side. The diagram in the instructions showed a slight rearward attachment from the rear leveler. The kit has 6 stabilizing bars. 4 for the front and 2 for the rear.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Justafordguy-
Just side to side. The diagram in the instructions showed a slight rearward attachment from the rear leveler. The kit has 6 stabilizing bars. 4 for the front and 2 for the rear.
My kit has 8 bars but I have only installed the 4 on the front. I think I'll just try to two side to side in the rear like you have and see what that does, Thanks,
Old 08-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL View Post
Might also want to look at the Steadyfast system. Simple to install and use. Only 3 large wingnuts to tighten. Very effective in stabilizing our large rig.
I use the Steadyfast ,2 on front,1on rear
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #14

We have used aftermarket permanently installed stabilizers for almost 9 years and wouldn't be without them. When we installed a leveling system in 2015, while it did help a bit with the movement, we put our stabilizers back on and enjoy no movement. Hugs, Di
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote