Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
KZ Goldrush

We currently have a 2013 Jayco Eagle Premier bought new last October. We are looking at a KZ 2015 Goldrush. Any thoughts on this 5th wheel or on the company and quality of build?
Deon-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #2

kz models

I own a 2012 KZ Durango fifth wheel original owner. The camper fits our space and weight needs since it can be pulled by my 1500 Silverado. Would I recommend the KZ brand probably not. The reasons for that are numerous and by numerous it would be easier to just list all defects and shortcomings this trailer has had. While all issues were warrantied the lost camping time my wife and I have experienced has been emotionally draining and frustrating putting it mildly.
1. Rear axle that was misaligned causing tires on both sides to wear to radial belts at 300 miles.
2. living area slide out seal leak that soaked the rugs and damaging all the wood floor trim.
3. Black and grey water drain valves sticking on first trip we had to drive 100 miles to dealership with excess weight from full tanks.
4. Living area tv intermittently not turning on. Dealer finally replaced with new one after 3rd camping outing with same unit. 5. lights shorting out in cabin caused by main wiring installed between metal frame members. Power awning stuck extended. We cannot recommend this unit and maybe ours is a lemon but take this info and use it accordingly
funfinder55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
Thanks so much. That is the kind of information we are looking for
Deon-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #4

You are welcome. I appreciate honesty also.
funfinder55 is offline   Reply With Quote