RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2021, 07:30 PM   #1

LCI 4 point level system

We just picked up our new 5th wheel yesterday. 8298KS Rockwood Signature. It came with a LCI 4 point level system , auto level system . I can find no manual for the system . It came with no manual in the unit and I can not find the right one on line. I really would like to know the procedure for manual control of the legs. Seems I can control the front right or left leg , but not the back legs'. I can make the back / rear legs work as a pair , but not just one leg at a time. While I know the auto level will work it may not always work in some sites. It has to be level to a certain point already or the auto level will not work.
So knowing how to level it manually is a must to me. Any help or links to a current 4 point system manual would be nice.
Rolling Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #2

Personally, I would be sitting in the dealers office, waiting on my salesman. He would either get me a manual or have someone come and show me how to use it. Also, have you tried contacting the factory?

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Chaos View Post
We just picked up our new 5th wheel yesterday. 8298KS Rockwood Signature. It came with a LCI 4 point level system , auto level system . I can find no manual for the system . It came with no manual in the unit and I can not find the right one on line. I really would like to know the procedure for manual control of the legs. Seems I can control the front right or left leg , but not the back legs'. I can make the back / rear legs work as a pair , but not just one leg at a time. While I know the auto level will work it may not always work in some sites. It has to be level to a certain point already or the auto level will not work.

So knowing how to level it manually is a must to me. Any help or links to a current 4 point system manual would be nice.

Go to Lipperts web site They are the manufacturers and will be able to answer your questions . Don’t waste time with the dealers .
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:41 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
You should have the ground control 3 system. There should be a control panel in the pass through storage or on the app. On the control pad or app you have to go into manual level mode and you can control each jack.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:57 PM   #5

Grand Design Owners Club
MyLCI app for your smart device has all operational and troubleshooting info.
Charlie
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
MyLCI app for your smart device has all operational and troubleshooting info.
Charlie

Thank you. The app is in line with what I was looking for and seems to explain what I want to do.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:18 AM   #7

OK i have the information on how to operate the system manually. Seems like the system can't adjust just one leg at a time. It can adjust left side front and back, right side front and back, and both legs front or back together. Seems there is just no way to control just one leg at a time. You would think with all that it can do something as simple as one leg control would have been a option, BUT NOOOooo.

LOL oh well maybe they will get smart in the future and make it so.
Thanks for all the replies to my question.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:25 PM   #8

On my system which is electric you can choose to drop front legs and they adjust to different terrain automatically. The you raise front to disconnect from hitch. After discomnection push auto level and watch it do its thing!
One more item. I drop the inside legs and rear inside legs some before starting the the sequence above.
Good luck.
sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #9

Sounds like you anticipate being in some rather unlevel sites and want to be able to manually handle the leveling and stabilizing. I would strongly suggest that you get some boards to help that process. First some long ones to drive on the low side tires on to get the lateral side closer to level, and also some blocks/pads to go under each of the leveling jacks to reduce the amount of jack extension required to get level regardless of whether it manual or automatic leveling. Yes you found the limitations of the leveling system in that jacks work in pairs, not individually. On a 6 point it's similar but there middle ones work either by side or rear.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #10

On my Ground Control 3.0 system you can extend one leg by holding the side arrow and then then the rear or front arrow in manual mode. E.g. to extend just the left rear you hold left and rear at the same time.
behrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First thing to do is to get back to the dealer and demand the manuals for the RV. They probably lost them.

Ken
Old 01-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by behrmr View Post
On my Ground Control 3.0 system you can extend one leg by holding the side arrow and then then the rear or front arrow in manual mode. E.g. to extend just the left rear you hold left and rear at the same time.
While I have not found that tip in the instructions I will try it later today. Going from a travel trailer to a 5th wheel is not all that great a change for us. We get it all , but the auto level system. We never had it on any of our campers before now.