Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
LCI 6 Point - Rear Jack Issue?

We have a 2016 Arctic Fox 35-5Z 5th wheel with the LCI 6 Point leveling system. In our RV Resort sitting on level concrete slab after auto leveling all Jack's are down and system says unit is level.

However there is no pressure on the rear 2 Jack's. Both are making contact with the cement blocks I use under them however I can easily wiggle both jack legs/pads.

This does not seem right as I would expect pressure on all the Jack's?

Can't say it's the first time as I've never checked them before so perhaps it's been this way since new.
tophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #2

I would use manual mode to put a little more pressure on the back jacks so you can not wiggle the blocks under the back pads.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #3

Is your leveling system hydraulic or electric? My hydraulic 6 point LCI system on my bighorn sometimes will have one or more pads not firmly anchored when it's auto leveled. It only does this rarely though on uneven sites, and even then more often than not I get an out of stroke error instead. To fix this problem I just put additional pads under those jacks and level again.

As mentioned by the previous post, manual leveling is a good option in this case. Auto-level sometimes makes some strange choices resulting in wheels off the ground when unnecessary, or simply more jack extension than I prefer. Even with anti stiction fluid mine pops which shorter extension tends to reduce, so by using the manual level function I can generally make better choices and get it done just as fast.
Searching_Ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #4

My LCI leveling system will also, on occasion auto level and the wheels will be off the ground. I always manually lower it when that happens.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #5

"To fix this problem I just put additional pads under those jacks and level again"

This is what I would do first and then see if the jack has pressure on the pad--may be that your jack is at max extension. I also have noticed on my Suites, it is much more stable when I use several inches of pads under each jack instead of having the jack extend near to full length. It is an extra hassle not mentioned by Lippert, but sure does help my unit.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated. I was able to use manual mode to put pressure on the rear Jack's. I already have 1' tall solid cement footing blocks under all Jack's as I've always thought the unit is more stable the least the Jack's are extended.

Just baffling why the system isn't smart enough to put pressure on all 6 on basically perfectly level concrete pad. I could maybe see if I was parked in a unlevel dirt spot but parking doesn't get any better than where it's presently parked
Old 10-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #7

I agree, my rig on a level spot, will use all 6 jacks and put pressure at all 6 points. How often does this happen on a level pad?
Old 10-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #8

You carry 6 1' cement blocks around?
May be time to look at the op manual and go thru a re-calibration procedure.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #9

Evergreen Owners Club
He is using the cement blocks so rams don't have to extend very far. I tend to think this is too much extra weight and hollow cement blocks are not very strong and tend to break very easily!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The blocks I'm using are solid concrete 1' tall pier/footing blocks I leave at our AZ resort lot where we winter. The expendable legs are only out about 2 pins and Jack's are extended approximately 1"

I use the standard plastic blocks when we travel. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to the Jack's when we travel again. Thanks for all the input

Https://photos.app.goo.gl/gDomcE4AoQ0OZQaf1
Old 10-15-2017, 01:47 AM   #11

If you have pins, then you have the electric version of the Level Up. It has a different way of leveling than the hydraulic version. If you are perfectly level it may not know that it has not applied enough pressure to stabilize the camper.

I am not sure if the motors use a hall-effect sensor, which monitors the motor for a spike in current to tell weather the legs are in contact with the ground, but you may need to lubricate the legs to see the ground if it does. The legs may be binding ever so slightly and if on perfectly level ground the Level Up thinks it is successful.
jtobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #12

With our LCI auto level 4 point, it also wanted to raise tires off the ground. Not Good ! So since then I have used the manual mode, and as others I check to make sure all jacks have pressure on the "wood" blocks I carry. Pressure treated 2x12's and 2x6's. I know there is a way (reading these forums) to re-adjust the "level" point... Just have not done it.. Rather push the buttons and do it myself for now....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtobbe View Post
If you have pins, then you have the electric version of the Level Up. It has a different way of leveling than the hydraulic version. If you are perfectly level it may not know that it has not applied enough pressure to stabilize the camper.

I am not sure if the motors use a hall-effect sensor, which monitors the motor for a spike in current to tell weather the legs are in contact with the ground, but you may need to lubricate the legs to see the ground if it does. The legs may be binding ever so slightly and if on perfectly level ground the Level Up thinks it is successful.
This ! Could be a bad main board too. Mine says auto level succes and none of the back or center legs touched the ground when on a level site
tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote