Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

Light switch

I see where a lot of people here are good at repairing things on their RV's. A couple of my 12v lights had developed problems with the rocker switch that turns them on and off. These lights work just fine so I hate to have to spend the money on new fixtures when all that's wrong is the replaceable switch. So question is where can I find replacement switches for my lights? pete
normanmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Most auto parts stores should have what you need!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
If you're talking about the switch right on the fixture, it's usually a very simple, open switch that can be repaired. Check that the contacts are clean and making a good connection. If you can't make the switch work, you could replace it with something like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062485

If it's a wall switch, Ebay, Amazon, etc. have replacement 12 v RV wall switches.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #4

Try this:

RV Switches
jackdn0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #5

The toggle switch would not look very good as it won't fit the switch opening on the fixture. Jacks link looks more promising so I'll check that out. Thanks for the input from everybody. Pete
normanmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanmcgill View Post
The toggle switch would not look very good as it won't fit the switch opening on the fixture. Jacks link looks more promising so I'll check that out. Thanks for the input from everybody. Pete
It takes a bit of creativity to make a round switch fit in a square hole. I've glued a piece of scrap plastic in behind the opening then drilled it out for the new switch. Few people look up at fixtures to see the modification. It looks best if the backing is a contrasting color. Black plastic in thin sheets is available in hobby shops.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote