Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2021, 07:27 AM   #1

Lippert Level up problems

Hey everyone new to the forum....been searching for a topic that’s close to what I’m experiencing with our 5er. We have the Lippert auto level hydraulic system with hydraulic slide outs on our 2018 Sandpiper 383RBLOK, on the last few trips the hydraulic system starts and stops only when retracting the jacks or slides. The pump quits pumping. It seems to work just fine when putting the landing gear down and the slides out. On auto level it stops and starts as well. I have a new polarity reversing relay on order but I’m not sure that is what’s wrong or not. I checked the fluid level, it was good and it doesn’t appear there are any leaks. I love the system, but it seems it is not without many problems. Thanks for any input on this issue.
Shaun B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #2

Your level sensor is probably loose in front, or corroded all to hell on rear. I think rear was only used with 6 hack systems. Hard to remember.

Some of the membrane keypads are (were?) being replaced by LCI due to early failures. Same symptom.

Are you trying to use that silly wireless fob LCI had for a while?
Krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #3

Have you replaced the self resetting 50 AMP Breaker? If not, that can lead to the start/stop and an event stop all together.

Many upgrade to 80 AMP breaker on the pump line. Breaker looks like picture and is usually located on back wall of front storage bay or wherever you pump/wires come in to the system. These are relatively cheap to replace and can be easily found on Amazon. Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210302-180214_Chrome.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	319879
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krbjmpr View Post
Your level sensor is probably loose in front, or corroded all to hell on rear. I think rear was only used with 6 hack systems. Hard to remember.

Some of the membrane keypads are (were?) being replaced by LCI due to early failures. Same symptom.

Are you trying to use that silly wireless fob LCI had for a while?
No I’m using either the phone app or the inside touch panel. I haven’t checked level sensor yet as the problem happens when closing the slides as well. The leveling system has its own keypad inside one of the storage bays.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
Have you replaced the self resetting 50 AMP Breaker? If not, that can lead to the start/stop and an event stop all together.

Many upgrade to 80 AMP breaker on the pump line. Breaker looks like picture and is usually located on back wall of front storage bay or wherever you pump/wires come in to the system. These are relatively cheap to replace and can be easily found on Amazon. Attachment 319879
Thanks so much I will order one ASAP and give that a try as well.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #6

I agree with GigaTime. That system, on many units came from the manufacturer with a 50A self resetting breaker and it just isn't big enough. On my Grand Design Momentum, the hydraulic pump motor will draw roughly 70 amps when extending or retracting the front landing gears. Grand Design sent me a new 80A breaker to put in and this was approved by Lippert also. That might be a good place to start.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:44 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post

Many upgrade to 80 AMP breaker on the pump line. Breaker looks like picture and is usually located on back wall of front storage bay or wherever you pump/wires come in to the system. These are relatively cheap to replace and can be easily found on Amazon. Attachment 319879
My Lippert system was doing the same thing. Took it to the dealer expecting a major problem. The quick fix problem is exactly what Gigattime described, the 50 amp fuse was weak.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:29 PM   #8

KZ RV Club
I had this problem in the past and Lippert Tech said that the 50 amp circuit breaker get over heated trips and resets when cooled. Each time it trips it gets weaker and he recommended going to 100amp.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, lippert, problem, problems