Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #1

list of 5th with driver side/side door?

We've sold th MH and have found a campground we like here in Indiana. Lot choice is driven by proximity to circle of friends. The lot is conducive to a 5th wheel more so than TT. (views/BR location) and would be great if the 5th had a driver side door..I would call this a "back" door.
I know Newmar in mid-90's had this as a floorplan option (CKSA) on 33 and 36 ft 5th wheels.
I've heard possibly Terry; Jayco and Puma did as well. Maybe Carriage?
I am asking for help in determineing floor plan nomenclature for ANY 5th with this option. I have the Newmar nomenclature (CKSA) and can't find any for sale.
Your assistance is appreciated.
Kountry87Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Check an Excel 35 FLE. Seen some for sale recently.
JBTAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #3

A Heartland Sundance 2998RB?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Never have seen a back door on a Carriage. However, I think you can still get a door on both sides on certain Forest River/Cedar Creek models. phillip
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #5

TY JBTAZ. The floorplan is exactly what we would like. I researched and found several for sale. NADA price guides shows the 35FLE was made in 2003 and 2004 only. 2003 low retail $16,840 and 2004 avg retail $25,670. That is more than our budget allows. I will now keep my eye and internet searches out for this model. One never knows when a bargain may pop on the market.
Thank you very much!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
A Heartland Sundance 2998RB?
From the pics I found online of this model it doesn't appear to have the additional side/back door. It does have bunks tho and a second bathroom. It may have an access door off the 2nd bathroom, couldn't tell from the pics tho. We aren't fond of the bunkhouse floorplan since we don't have use for them..no applicable guest to use them. would be nice for grandkids tho.
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
Never have seen a back door on a Carriage. However, I think you can still get a door on both sides on certain Forest River/Cedar Creek models. phillip
I will look into this. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountry87Air View Post
We aren't fond of the bunkhouse floorplan since we don't have use for them..no applicable guest to use them. would be nice for grandkids tho.
No imagination!

Leave the mattresses at home, and use the rest of the bunk for storage. Or remove the lower bunk altogether and convert the space to a large closet, then use the upper bunk to store lighter-weight stuff such as quilts, blankets, coats, etc. In our case, we'd have small and medium-sized dog crates on the lower bunk, along with other doggie paraphanalia. Plus, I'd have some place to store my Stetson instead of leaving it in the truck.

And yeah, it would be nice to have enough decent sleeping space to invite a couple of the grand kids or great grand kids to travel with us in the summertime. Right now they'd have to sleep on the convertable dinette, and that's a big hassle.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, driver