Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #1

Angry LUXE and THE RV FACTORY

Luxe 38GFB and the real story

So I began the search for a full time rv to purchase and move into. I decided to move from Indiana to Texas and my friend gave me a few recommendations one being Luxe, made by the Rv factory. I began researching and the name came up several times in searching. I contacted them and met Deb, I liked the designs and concepts. I had a few hold backs due to things in my personal life and not knowing where I would end up. Ultimately I ended up touring the factory and seeing a potential unit in the early stages of the build. After discussions with Deb and deciding that this is what I wanted to do, I made the down payment of which was 10% of the vehicle price to hold the unit, which was non-refundable. I ended up moving to Texas prior to taking delivery of my unit, which ultimately I believe is what led to the poor review and finishing of this product. However I should not have to be the quality inspection of the manufacturer. And I ultimately wish I had refused delivery of the unit as it DID NOT match my purchase agreement.

To start I ordered a 38GFB which I was hesitant about because no other manufacturer that I have researched has ridiculous pin weights. Well when you go to purchase a LUXE remember that you should expect outrageous pin weights, SRW owners, don't even bother. You will be stressing about weights no matter what you do. That being said I don't like dually trucks for personal drivers. It is just my personal preference. I expected my pin weight to be around 3800 lbs as my paperwork stated. I will measure pin weight shortly, but I estimate it around 4500-4600 seeing the way my truck responds. I also have not yet hauled my coach at all, so I am curious if I can haul with a full water tank.

The process consisted of working with Deb to set up a unit design and pick things that I would like to do that were custom. I believe I had simple requests. I asked for a third ac unit, rear hitch, a modified master bath, I asked to delete the double sink and put in just one bowl with large counter space on either side, a farm apron sink in kitchen with wave/touch faucet, awning wind sensors, entertainment amenities for my own stereo system for main tv, gooseneck style hitch from gen-y, I also asked that my FORD wiring for ford camera and trailer tire system be installed. Also I deleted the gas stove and went with electric cooktop only. When building the unit and several things are still being installed these should be very simple tasks as reflected by the price quoted. Also all items were still on purchase agreement when the unit was delivered to me which I refused to sign. More on this later.

I had received a phone call from Pete the plant manager along with Deb, asking if they could use my unit for the Hershey RV show because I did purchase their last available show unit. I agreed with a compromise of giving me some incentive to cover the shipping of the unit. I figured it was fair trade, they would need my unit another week. Which I was ok with as I had a rental at the time to stay in. This was perfectly acceptable agreement until I received the coach where everything starts to go wrong. The first thing I notice when I walk in is aside from the door not even opening properly, I find brochures and garbage from their "show". Also on the backside of my sliding door it still has "hershey show" written on tape. SO my unit never got a QC check, no one walked it and checked for anything...

First seeing the unit, I love my paint scheme and it looks great from the outside. Aside from a bit of dirt but it just came 1200 miles, nothing a wash can't fix. However, I can't even open the main door. Something is sticking when I open it, great first impression. Then screen door holder is mounted in the wrong spot and in order to move it I will have screw holes in exterior door. Not acceptable at all. I start walking the unit and I have a simple list of around 30 things that I see are issues. Some are minor and damage from shipping, to be expected our roads are great in the US. But the fact that the 3rd ac unit is missing(never installed), no awning sensors, no rear hitch, and side note I was talked out of the gooseneck because "no hotshotters or transporters use gooseneck". I however want it cause it is much easier than dealing with big dumbass hitch in my truck bed. I did order on amazon and install myself, but yet to have hauled it, however much more to come on that later.

As for the issues with the coach, the sink faucet is not installed correctly. The entry door is messed up with screen latch and main latch. And the cheap chinese remote key fob door lock cannot even unlock 75% of the time, I just use the key I gave up on it. The kitchen slide dragged on the floor damaging the tiles. I have a coax that is bad in the unit, the wifi booster setup never works properly it constantly reboots or resets, the queen bed shocks broke first time lifting the bed, the "auto" feature of my jack system does not work, now I cannot even level side to side, the bottle cap is missing and there is hydraulic fluid all over. The master bathroom sinks do not drain properly, same drain style as second bath but for some reason always back up. The shower handle is separating from the wall, the bedroom sliding door is damaged and the stop is set in the wrong position. The HVAC units are supposed to have heat pumps, hvac 1 unit heat does nothing. My dinette table is warped or something they do not line up and are about 1/4' off from each other. The tank level sensors did not read from day 1, lighting is labeled wrong on my in-command panel. The fireplace heater face warped after one night of use, the ac units on the roof look like they are splitting apart. the in-command system cannot connect to my phone when I am anywhere away from the coach. There is an axle grease cover that came off and was laying inside the plastic cosmetic cover when delivered.

The stove top is an insignia which looks great but is a POS, it overheats constantly and cannot cook 1 burger in 1 pan. I even went and bought new pots and pans thinking it is my cookware. Nope, still does the same thing. The stove top from insignia is quite terrible, it cannot even steady simmer a pot. It cycles on and off, maybe this is normal for induction cooktops. But for functionality it is a joke, if this is normal I'm ripping this **** out. It will boil contents and then shut off and repeat when on low settings.

Purchased 38gfb, and now I can't move it because my slide is broke. It has been 5 months since delivered and not one thing has been fixed. And now I can't even take my unit anywhere. I wish the owner would contact me because this thing was not delivered and does not match my purchase agreement.

Covid hits and now everything is delayed. I sent the unit back to the factory I believe in feb/march of 2020, btw my unit is a 20 model year. They had it for a month and made nothing but excuses about how no one is working due to covid, while it seemed the rv industry boomed and they were always telling me their crew was out fixing other units... but have yet to fix mine. I'm so confused. I received the coach back and there was some more damage from transport because the transporter they hired pretty much drove like an asshat, there was broken glass from microwave coming open, cabinets broke, again no slider protectors so the floor was damaged again after they replaced tiles, my powered recliner was never secured so it slid into the wall and damaged it self, btw it was $3k option. So you could imagine the frustration.

Low and behold majority of my list had not been repaired. Time persists and more issues arise some minor some major. They had installed the third ac unit, which works great however is obnoxious it is so loud you have to yell to talk over, i am wondering if there is a way to turn the fan speed down internally of the unit, because on the "low" setting its crazy. It falls on poor planning and poor execution of their design. If they cannot execute it properly.... don't offer it, I didn't design it.

Now the fun part, over the covid period I found myself discussing with Pete who is in charge of the factory very in depth about how we should handle this repair list because in my area it is very impossible apparently to find a decent mobile repair technician. and through multiple rude discussions I was told I "had" to bring it back to their service center for repair and that is written in the warranty info, which I have no paperwork for. I had to beg plead and pull teeth to get this paperwork which I got about a year later after my factory warranty was over.... go figure. I do have all documentation of the LARGE list of issues that are wrong with this coach prior to my warranty expiration so hopefully that helps my situation. I was a bit nervous hitching up to the coach the first time and hauling it down the road, however it became apparent that it would be easy to do and very safe to drive given the combo of vehicle i have. However this is when I find out it tows crooked.

That's right this thing drives down the highway dog tracking terribly. On top of that these idiots who offer the cameras around the coach don't take into consideration that they mount the cameras directly above the lights which power the cameras, so when they are on ALL you see is the glare from the light at night. So wtf good are they at night, well I assure they are useless at night. I drove the unit back to their facility for another month for them to repair, poor communication on their end after a years planning just continues the **** show that is their management style. I told them they could have it for a month straight no problem as i would stay with family near chicago. They thought they only had it for 10 days when i arrived.. *sigh* don't worry it gets better.... no it really does not.

I stop the night before and stay at the rv factory, plug in and power up my coach for the night. Trying to be quiet and courteous to a transporter or whoever was parked there already. I have 2 dogs, which let them out to use restroom and go to put them in for bed. My larger dog steps on the stairs and just lets out a blood curling scream. I though maybe a thorn or something in the paw, so i coax her back onto the step... same thing... Ok i am going what in the hell, I work in the marine industry I know plenty about electricity. I said no way she is getting shocked, as this was the first time I was parked on dirt/gravel.... sure enough put my hand on the stair and the other on the ground. I definitely got bit, WTF my stairs were ELECTRIFIED, her paw had completed the circuit to ground when she touched the step with her other paw. Come to find out they left a wire completely bare out of a junction box, which had ended up on the frame somewhere or some aluminum in the underbelly. WTF, found by their service center.

They had my coach at the service center for a month, which they couldn't do anything with the alignment as it had to go to MORRyde... or so they thought. They contacted me to move it because suddenly they had no trucks to move my coach, it was a 4hr drive from where i was staying. i reluctantly drove out there on the last day as they told me it wouldn't take long for them to align it. I get the coach to morryde who looks at it for 5 minutes and says, that's not our suspension.... WTF, turns out it is lipperts crap underneath so i need to take it there well again... poor communication and management. How in the F@$#% do they not know what they put on their own UNIT. I'm over the top at this point as it is my last day for them to work on it so now I have to return to work 1200 miles away, as you all know diesel is way cheap it didn't cost me anything lol.

Oh and they didn't fix my sewer valve issues which I had two that were seized or had damaged cables from when they assembled them, so last minute before leaving they replaced all my sewer cables. Then half my lights wouldn't work in the coach after they just worked on it... This was the final walkthrough after it was "repaired" sooooo no time to fix it. They had to cut wires for some of the lights because they would not turn off, and i didn't want the battery going dead cause stupid lights i don't use often. but regardless it was embarrassing for them as they couldn't even make sure all the **** worked before i picked up after they had the unit for a month....

The latest is they want me to bring it 70miles away to a shop before moving out of it for I am guessing another month or longer for repairs, but they won't rent me a place to move my stuff into until after i drive it to this facility. so i have to drive there, let them inspect it for who knows how long, then bring it back to where i will unload it, then bring it back... also has to be during business hours so it would be time off of work for me, again!

More to come I've had enough so far. Sorry for the lengthy post, I am at my wits end with this. I am getting no where at the moment, they are stalling and while they are not refusing to repair the issues they are coming up with ways to fix the issues that are not feasible for me at this time. I cannot take more time off of work to bring this thing anywhere.
DrPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2021, 09:00 PM   #2

Cliff notes please. I'm retired and I still don't have time to read all of that!
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:40 AM   #3

WOW! I think I would get a lawyer involved! I would want ALL of my money back, including all of the miles you drove & time off you had to take. At the very least, I would want a completely different unit. They have butchered that one up so bad I don't think it will ever be what you expect it to be. I have heard that almost all new units have some issues at first, but this is way over the top! I am very sorry for your experience. I feel sick after reading this, so I can only imagine how you feel.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:41 AM   #4

Sorry to hear of your troubles and agree with other reply go get a lawyer as you got a lemon
billyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #5

I would be so upset and angry.
TRNewsom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #6

Cliff notes hell, I want to hear the whole story. I for one very much appreciate your detailed story. Thank you very much for taking your time to share all of that with us. You are obviously a very selfless person to be willing to help us all out and with all the hoops rvf has had you jumping through are beyond acceptable.
Ive been working on a 48fb w/ side patio build with Brienne for over a yr now. We are currently heading up to Elkhart to take our tour around early May and more than likely make our order you start build. We are ful time rvers, so have seen plenty of luxe units and have done plenty of research to know about there product. They are definitly not the best fiver out there but I'm not rich either, just a retired old broken down garbage man trying to enjoy his final years. from all my research they seem to be our best option on quality and price.
I have a friend who just got his new 21 model and had a similar situation as you have. With the exception of his very numerous poor quality list of screw ups. Rvf had bent over backwards for him and his family and rvf is actuelly going to haul it back from Colorado to Elkhart themselves to correct all issues so he doesn't have to worry about it. His major issues are electrical, things missing that were never installed, awning arms bent or broken, allot of interior wood trim finish issues. He had quite the list as well as you. In saying all that . When he picked up his unit he was only able to stay at rvf over night and had to get back home due to obligations. My point is, he was not able to to do a thorough shake down of the rig and have them correct issues. I'm planning on spending a wk in there parking lot and running it through the ringer everyday and giving them a list. From the research I've done, the best time to get your issues corrected is when you pick it up and before you leave the factory. Seems like most folks are there for 3-4 days shaking it down but I have heard of some being there for weeks. Now the ones that are there for quite a while have said that rvf puts them up in a campground and foots the bill. I say all this knowing that I have not personally went through the experience our selves yet, but have read all the reviews. It really appears from my research that rvf as a company have great customer service and are willing to please, but to also add, everyone who picks up there units had a ton of quality controle issues. These issues are in my mind 100% unacceptable. It really saddens me that when these folks do there work that there not checking there work to make sure it operates as it should. This is why I'm taking matters into my own hands and i will not leave the lot until I'm satisfied with the corrections, I don't care how long it takes and how much they want me out of there, that's my $200k home. The first time I get wind of somebody cutting into wiring, they can rebuild the whole unit, they will find whatever said electrical issue and fix it, not bypass it. We've lost a home to a electrical fire and this homie don't play that. In the year that I've worked with rvf, they know im very demanding and meticulous and I have quite the list of additions there's making so they already know im going to be a pain in there butts, I hope this approach pays off, well see.
I'm very happy that these current rigs come with the agws 5yr warranty, that really gives me piece of mind. It's really a shame you just missed out on that option. I've seen allot of folks also say there unit did not come with the 5yr warrnty but rvf still fixed there issues for free after years of the original 1 yr warranty expiring. The owner just has to get the rig to them.
Your correct these units have a heavy pin weight and a duelly is required, as a matter of fact allot of folks end up getting a mdt or hdt truck. You are correct there projected pin weight and cargo capacity most never matches what they say it is, that's why I plan on taking mine to a scale before I even put my stuff in it, if we get one.
I once had an experience similar to you agreeing to let them use it prior at a show. We had bought a new built home years ago and they asked if they could use it as the model for the weekend and we negotiated a deal to compensate us. What a mistake, I will never do that again, it was trashed. I've learned my lesson there, ill never do that again, don't care how much is offered. They can take there promo video of it and that's it. I wonder if your door got damaged during careless people during the show, also is it possible that it has that thing from lippert that you put on your door hinge that makes it not freely move, so the wind can't blow it, it only moves when you physically move it, I personally would hate that.
There is no excuse for forgetting the third ac unit, again poor qc. The friend I spoke of, part of his many issues was they totally forget to install the inline surge protector he pd $500 for, so when he had electrical issues, that just exasterbated the problem. Also the missing awning sensors and rear hitch are poor qc but could of easily been corrected before you left the facility. Your goose hitch, you know now you shouldn't have let them change your mind on that one. I'm personally a fiver guy, but you did your research and you wanted a goose that's what you should of gotten, it's your home don't settle.
I've also seen a few issues with faucet alignment and not being centered in sink, that's unacceptable. The keyless entry is over priced and not that good, Im getting the generic and putting in my own keyless from a rv company that I can also match all the outdoor locks to have the same key, i Like that much better.
Something is major wrong ouf the slide is actuelly rolling on the floor, did it do that during your inspection ort later down the road because that's totally unacceptable snd needs to be corrected immediately and floor replaced. Your hyd leveling system should be corrected as eq is a very good company. If your table top is warping does that mean that you didn't order the solid surface tops. If you did just get the regular top was it warped from the get go or later on, I would think they would replace that with out question. your tank sensors must not be wired up, was it Like that when you did your inspection and did the filled the tanks test. What fireplace did you get, the junk furrion, still no excuse for warping, make them replace it. did you order the upgraded mor-ryde axles with disk breaks and better suspension or were you not aware of that option. To be honest, I would not own one of these heavy rigs without the upgraded mor-ryde suspension with disk brakes. That will probably be the best $5500 I have ever spent. Lci has a very poor track record with anything of quality. that's probably my biggest concern is the lci frame. I'm super glad that it's built to the luxe specs wich is more than there typical frame but i plan on being at the factory the day my frame comes in so i can inspect for quality and welds before they move forward. That is sad i know and we shouldn't have to go through that but at least i we know going into it so we can plan our attack. I'm also having them put on the mor-ryde steps instead of lci just cause lci sucks. I would not haul that thing period until lci gets it tracking correctly. Did it do that from the get go or did the axles move and if they did that's even More scary.
It really and truly seems like your list is beyond anything that's acceptable and you or nobody else should ever have to go through that kind of experience. Yes no doubt there is going to be things that need to be corrected and fixed , it don't matter if you spend $20k or $300k it's the industry and that sucks. I personally feel your hurt and disgust as it really seams like they have you jumping through hoops. All that said , for anybody , don't leave untill its corrected to your specs Wheather it's from day 1 or 4 years later and you take it to them. Do not accept it until you have tested everything multiple times over and over. It really seams Like allot of problems people are having could of easily been caught and corrected during initial inspection during pick up. Its your money and your rig, play hard ball. Yes it's sad that we have to be this way and quality controle in a company seems to be a thing of the past and yester year. I guess we have to be the new qc . All this said, I still more than likely plan on going through with my build process in a month or so but I plan on being on there arses like a hemorrhoid that they can't get rid of. Please keep us posted on your whole process and what's going on as its very upsetting to hear for you and the product.
All I can say is buyer beware and don't accept it until your satisfied with the quality
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & ordering a 48fb w/ side patio luxe.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:05 PM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
First of all I would not have gotten a 38GFB. This is the smallest and cheapest of the units they produce. 2nd with all the customizing you asked for I can not believe you did not opt for the Moryde IS suspension. 3rd if you went to the Factory and did not stay the requested 3 to 5 days FREE, which they VERY STRONGLY encourage a buyer to do so you can find all the defects, then you screwed up big time.

As to the pin weight being significant, evidently you did NO research and did not read the specifications on the unit. If you want to reduce the pin weight, fill the fresh water tank as it is located behind the rear axle and will help lift the pin.

When we picked up our coach we ended up staying until the 6th day because they were still waiting on the cameras since covid had screwed up their vendors deliveries. Sure we had some minor things for them but only a couple and they more than went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied.

I feel from your essay that you should never have accepted delivery so a lot of the fault has to fall on your shoulders since you did go ahead and accept delivery without staying in the unit to debug it. Sorry for my negative response but it is what it is.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #8

Hire a lawyer. Write RVF a demand letter, spell out exactly what remedies are acceptable to you. Give them 30 days to respond in writing with a detailed response to each item that you demand, with a schedule as to when it will be corrected. Tell them this is their last chance to make it right or you will pursue legal recourse. Hire a lawyer.

Hopefully you have everything in writing documenting every interaction and issue, with dates they occurred and expense records . When you take them to court , the more documentation you have the better. Hire a lawyer.

If it was me I would hire a lawyer. You have some responsibility as you accepted the unit as is, although be it on good faith that these items would be corrected, but thats what they will argue in court is that you accepted the unit as-is...a show special...

Good luck.

PS hire a lawyer
Old 03-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
First of all I would not have gotten a 38GFB. This is the smallest and cheapest of the units they produce. 2nd with all the customizing you asked for I can not believe you did not opt for the Moryde IS suspension. 3rd if you went to the Factory and did not stay the requested 3 to 5 days FREE, which they VERY STRONGLY encourage a buyer to do so you can find all the defects, then you screwed up big time.

When we picked up our coach we ended up staying until the 6th day because they were still waiting on the cameras since covid had screwed up their vendors deliveries. Sure we had some minor things for them but only a couple and they more than went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied.

I feel from your essay that you should never have accepted delivery so a lot of the fault has to fall on your shoulders since you did go ahead and accept delivery without

staying in the unit to debug it. Sorry for my negative response but it is what it is.
!!!
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & ordering a 48fb w/ side patio luxe.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
Hire a lawyer. Write RVF a demand letter, spell out exactly what remedies are acceptable to you. Give them 30 days to respond in writing with a detailed response to each item that you demand, with a schedule as to when it will be corrected. Tell them this is their last chance to make it right or you will pursue legal recourse. Hire a lawyer.

Hopefully you have everything in writing documenting every interaction and issue, with dates they occurred and expense records . When you take them to court , the more documentation you have the better. Hire a lawyer.

If it was me I would hire a lawyer. You have some responsibility as you accepted the unit as is, although be it on good faith that these items would be corrected, but thats what they will argue in court is that you accepted the unit as-is...a show special...

Good luck.

PS hire a lawyer
I agree 100% . The friend i spoke of was having one tech after another try to correct all his issues. He finally had enough, hopefully i had pushed him in that direction because i think i was more ticked than he was, and he finally emailed rvf with all the pictures and details to his concerns and said they have 24hrs to contact him before he starts a legal process. Literally within minutes the owner of the company called him personally and is bending over backwards . Rvf is going to come and get it all the way from co, take it back to Elkhart and completely tear it down to find the problems, not just route around the problems. Completely shut everything down at the plant to work on his unit untill all the problems are actuelly found. Now as a company, that's who I want to do buisness with, that's service. Yeah it sucks it had to come to that but thats on both parties involved. I told my friend though, as a future buyer it ticks me off because his unit being re worked is now going to slow down my build. I was just joking of coarse. I honestly believe it will have the adverse affect. A couple of units made it through the line with lots of quality issues, I think the owner and mgmt will nip that in the bud, for a while anyway.
There is no doubt in my mind that a lawyer won't be needed, maybe threatened but I've never seen rvf not try to make it right even with the harshest critiques.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #11

Do you think if RVF was as great a company as you hope they are, that you would have to resort to threats of legal action to get results?
Old 03-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
Do you think if RVF was as great a company as you hope they are, that you would have to resort to threats of legal action to get results?
I would agree with you to a certain point. Rvf gives the customer absolutely all the time, days, wks that they need to inspect the vehicle before it is removed from the premises. Also rvf most always offers to fix any issue for free even when the warranty is up by a couple years if the owner just gets the unit to them. I feel like rvf is as good if not better than most company's out there today . They Definitly have there qc issues that 100% need to be addressed but they give more time to the new owner to get there unit fixed upon arrival than any other company I have personally seen. So I don't fault rvf for having to be threatened by lawyer as they have went far above and beyond most any other buisness out there, something has to lie on the owner for not doing a proper shake down when they recieve it.
If I'm told the best and easiest time to get your rig perfect is to get it all perfect now before you leave, and we will do it all for you free of coarse, it's a no brainer to me, I ain't Leavin until I'm 100% satisfied with my new home.
Plus we have to remember, we are only hearing one side of this story. How do we know that rvf hasn't communicated with the original op, we don't. How many times had somebody left a bad review and rvf had to respond that the customer has been offered to bring there unit back and have everything fixed to there satisfaction, but some folks don't want to work out an agreement. Kind of like my friend. Rvf stayed in touch with him the whole time and he was taking it well. I kind of pushed him into making the threat because there's a time to be nice and a time to be not so nice and it was time to not be so nice. All buisness works this way. Un fortunately, some folks are more aggressive than others, but my friend also knows allot of this is on him for not being able to do a proper shake down.
It just my style, get it perfect first, then if issues happen with the first couple hundred miles ill take it back, once we get further away they can send a tech or ill catch the factory on my next round trip through. Bottom line, I'll work with anybody but if things aren't moving fast enough to my liking then I'm pushing it to the next level whatever that may intale but if I leave with said known issues or unknown because i didn't check things properly, then that's on me for dropping the ball and any company needs to be cut some slack on there end. They did there part
Old 03-25-2021, 01:44 PM   #13

Wow.

If someone breaks into my house and steals my stuff and I blog about it, I don't expect to hear that it's my fault because I didn't catch them.

If I buy a new Ford and everything breaks in the first month, does Ford skate because I didn't do a complete inspection when I picked it up?

If your response here is that "he should have done a more complete inspection", what you're really saying is, he should have known that he was dealing with thieves and louts and was naive to think that a manufacturer might deliver what it promised.

No wonder the RV industry has such low quality standards.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Wow.

If someone breaks into my house and steals my stuff and I blog about it, I don't expect to hear that it's my fault because I didn't catch them.

If I buy a new Ford and everything breaks in the first month, does Ford skate because I didn't do a complete inspection when I picked it up?

If your response here is that "he should have done a more complete inspection", what you're really saying is, he should have known that he was dealing with thieves and louts and was naive to think that a manufacturer might deliver what it promised.

No wonder the RV industry has such low quality standards.
Wow, you really did not at all in any way portray what I said and your anology is really out there.
Nobody broke into anything and steal from anybody. Like i said rvf definitly had there issues, nobody is faultless, but in my view from what the op had posted, he was givin as much time to inspect his unit before he left the premises as anybody else out there. Some folks do this in a hours time, some take wks. The average seems to me to be 3-5 day's, while I'm planing on a wk as I'm picky and am having lots of modifications.
Rvf did not steel anything, and they are not thieves. Every now and again a company gets a bad review, nobody is prefect and there is always room for improvement. From all the forums I've personally read and researched, every instance and they are vey few that a rvf customer has had this bad of an experience, every single time they did not do a thorough inspection and got out of there and also rvf repeatedly kept reaching out to that customer to fix all there issues to there liking. What more can anybody or any company do.
Im not sure about your experience with buisness, but mine is trust no one and verify everything. I had my new truck built to my specs. When i got to the dealer to inspect, I had an 11 pg list. It took me and my wife almost 4 hours to inspect every little detail and working of that truck. That was my 85k truck, id be a fool in my opinion to pick it up, sign the paperwork and drive out. Buisness is buisness, do you check before you leave the drive through at burger king to make sure that they did not put pickles and onions on your whopper and added cheese and bacon, with unsalted fries, I sure do. I can't beach about it when I get home that my order is wrong, well I can but its still on me.
Same here, rvf should do better qc and customer needs to hold them to accountability. If the company offers to correct all your issues with out any dispute and the only problem is you are just upset because you know in your heart allot of that stuff was wrong at the factory and you should of caught it there.
Nobody is stealing from another here, all party's just need communicate and listen to each others asks and then follow through by doing what is asked of them.

Tags
luxe