Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #29

I have seen a few 5'ers with dual tires, but very few. Most are tandem axles (2 or 3 axles). Trucks often have dual rear tires.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #30

I can comment on as much as I know about some of this...I'm sorry, but I do not know what CCC stands for, but the Luxe trailer we bought is a triple 8k axle (MorRyde independent disc brake system) single wheel with electric over hydraulic brakes. DH had his brake controller set to electric over hydraulic, and he said the exhaust brake was a big part of the stop power as well. The overall F-350 handling & stability was a breeze according to him, and we drove through the Smoky Mountains in TN, rain, ice & snow without any incident over a span of 3-1/2 days from Indiana to Central Texas. We have previously driven Raton Pass from NM into Colo, and he says he will not hesitate to take this RV through there. Hope that will help give some info for others. We sure had all these questions before our purchase, and the Luxe is so new that the info just isn't out there much yet. So we hope this helps someone who might be wondering as we certainly were.
tlcdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #31

I believe CCC stands for cargo carrying capacity.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:12 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurg View Post
Were the 9K axles still singles and not dually?
The axles would have been triple 9k axles. They needed to do that to achieve the cargo capacity that we were looking for.
tnmblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:09 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcdlc View Post
I can comment on as much as I know about some of this...I'm sorry, but I do not know what CCC stands for, but the Luxe trailer we bought is a triple 8k axle (MorRyde independent disc brake system) single wheel with electric over hydraulic brakes. DH had his brake controller set to electric over hydraulic, and he said the exhaust brake was a big part of the stop power as well. The overall F-350 handling & stability was a breeze according to him, and we drove through the Smoky Mountains in TN, rain, ice & snow without any incident over a span of 3-1/2 days from Indiana to Central Texas. We have previously driven Raton Pass from NM into Colo, and he says he will not hesitate to take this RV through there. Hope that will help give some info for others. We sure had all these questions before our purchase, and the Luxe is so new that the info just isn't out there much yet. So we hope this helps someone who might be wondering as we certainly were.
By law there should be a sticker on the door or in a cabinet or maybe on the outside near the tire/axle weight sticker that will show the UVW and CCC of the Luxe.
Best thing to do is take the Luxe somewhere and weigh it to see if you are near or over the GVW.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Luxe Pricing

We came close to purchasing a Luxe earlier in 2015 but had to put it all on the back burner. At that time, they were just changing over to the new "wide body" as well as moving towards buying directly from the factory. I worked with a salesman named Nate.

The pricing was very good, more than competitive. When I went back a couple of months ago Nate was no longer with Augusta. And their pricing had increased by at least 30% from what I was quoted just 6 months earlier!
Old 01-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #35

"The pricing was very good, more than competitive. When I went back a couple of months ago Nate was no longer with Augusta. And their pricing had increased by at least 30% from what I was quoted just 6 months earlier!" My guess is that they figured out that the brands they considered their competition was charging more. Remember that most people can get approximately 30% off MSRP, so by raising prices they can give that 30% off and still get a reasonable profit.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote