Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff426 View Post
I'll try to figure out how to post pictures.
1. Take a good photo with a digital camera. A good photo probably requires a flash. If your only digital camera is a cell phone without a flash, then use powerful lights to light the area you want to photograph.

2. Upload that photo to your home computer.

3. Edit that photo with photo editing software to crop it and fix any flaws, such as contrast, color, lightness or darkness. Windows computers include software called Paintbrush that serves as a very basic photo editor. With the editor, change the size of the photo to about 2x3 inches or slightly bigger, then save it in .jpg format. Remember the disk address and name of that photo so you can find it later.

4. Get on the internet and onto IRV2.com. Notice the "Photos" button at the top of the screen. Upload your photo to your gallery on IRV.com, and save it.

5. While looking at your photo in your gallery, click on it to change the size on the screen. When it's the size you want, then right-click on the photo. In the pop-up window, click on "properties". In the properties pop-up, highlight the URL (internet address) of the photo. Then right-click on the highlighted URL and copy it into memory.

6. Get back on IRV2.com and find this thread, then add a reply to this thread. In that reply, type [img][/img]. Then put your curser between the two img operators and right click, then paste the contents of memory into your reply. (Be sure the URL is between the ] and the [ of the img operators.) You won' see the photo yet, but you should see [img]URL[/img] where URL is the internet address of your photo, which ends with .jpg.

7. Then preview post, and you should see the photo. Then continue editing that post to add words to go with the photo before you save the post.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep View Post
The guy in Roundup is Handy Bob and here is his web site:
HandyBob's Blog « Making off grid RV electrical systems work

I read and understood his instructions before installing mine and have a great system. A majority of systems installed by "Pros" are not as good as they should be. I have 4 Trojan T 105 6v wired for 12v. My inverter is a Magnum MS 2012. I'm sure Excel has a couple of solar wires to the roof from the bay area. That will make the install on the panels a lot easier.

Enjoy your rig,
Gary
This is one of the many good sites to study before going ahead with your install. I had the factory install 2ga wire from the roof to the battery compartment area. I have 705 watts of panels and 680ah of storage with six-6 volt batteries with the ability to add two more. It has not been necessary to add the extra two. One thing I got from all the reading before the install was to leave room for expansion. The reason for the larger panels was that I had no intention of tilting the panel so the extra watts makes up non tilting. Here are a few pictures of the system.

Some of the added equipment. I added a RJ-45 wall plate that connects to the solar charge controller then I can program the controller from laptop inside the coach for a complete range of battery charging. This is why I went with the TS MPPT 60 controller.

1-Magnum MS2012 Pure Sine Wave Inverter
3-Kyocera KD235GX-LPB 235-watt solar panel's
1-TriStar Remote Solar Meter 2 (TS-RM-2)
1-Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT TS-60 solar controller
2-Interstate 6 Volt Batteries GC2-XHD-UT batteries (6 total)
1-Magnum (ME-ARC) advanced remote display panel
1-Magnum (ME-AGN) auto genset start with temp probe
1-Magnum (ME-BMK) Battery monitoring kit with shunt
1-Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C 50 Amp Hardwired RV Surge Protector

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #31

We have a Carriage Cameo about 33 ft in length. I had the dealer install the Magnum 2812 inverter, and wired in a 30 amp panel after the Magnum. Last winter we installed 4-6 volt absorbed glass mat batteries. We have 2 95 watt Go Power panels, but may add more.

. I installed a battery disconnect switch before the Magnum as we has an instance of draw that brought the batteries down - Magnum suggested the disconnect

Rick
RickWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
.... Windows computers have built-in software called Paintbrush...
Check that. On my current Win 8 PC, it's called simply Paint.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
They have a battery acid absorbtion mat that that I read about and put in while rewiring my batteries. It had good reviews. I am always fighting corrosion in my battery area. The mat comes sized that will just fit in my compartment under the 4 batteries and even fold ups on the ends.
Want to eliminate the corrosion problem? Put about 2 oz of mineral oil on top of the electrolyte in the batteries. Do a google check, don't take my word for it.
Greg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Check that. On my current Win 8 PC, it's called simply Paint.
On later windows operating systems there's a 'snipping tool' that can be used to 'pull out' a portion of a picture or screenshot...

from your start menu, use the search and type snipping....
then cut and save as a pic...

go advanced with your post and manage attachments to embed in your post like so:
first is the full sunrise pic, second is the 'snipped' portion of the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130213-00048.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	33728  
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #35

Interesting

Quote:
Boondocking/ Olympian Wave 8 propane heater/no blower or power requirement.
Got a pic of heater?
jeffminsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #36

Excel Owners Club
Video
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #37

Thanks that looks like a big power saver
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #38

Excel Owners Club
I put in a couple of CO2 detectors when I bought mine.

Tags
excel