Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-26-2021, 11:13 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
PulNSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 259
Montana Black Tank Flush

I have an 06 Montana & I was wondering how the black tank flush works. Does water just come from one outlet or several? It states that black tank valve should be open while doing this. Wouldn't it be beneficial to let 20-30 gallons build up in there & then open the valve so all sides get rinsed as well? One would hope that their would be many outlets spraying down from the top of the tank but I am willing to bet there is only one outlet spraying.
__________________
2006 Keystone Montana 3500RL
2016 Ram 2500 w/Air Bags & Slider Hitch
PulNSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Skip426's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 24,344
Yes it would be beneficial to allow a few gallons to build up in the tank , to get a good flow out when the valve is opened .

BUT ! do not ever allow yourself to get distracted while doing this , don't assume all sources of the flush water have the same flow rate , 2 mins max have your watch on and keep track . You don't want to imagine the number of places flush water from the black tank can get to if the tank overfills.
__________________
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:08 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
PulNSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 259
Yes that would be an impossible mess to clean up!
__________________
2006 Keystone Montana 3500RL
2016 Ram 2500 w/Air Bags & Slider Hitch
PulNSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Gigattime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,614
Different types on different units. Some have spinners some have holes in sprayer head pointing in different directions. Most if not all are a single head poked through the tank wall.Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210727-171521_Chrome.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	337480
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
keymastr's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,531
My previous tank was 40 gallons and had one sprayer, a spinner. My current tank is 50 gallons and has two. Same manufacturer of both trailers. It works very well. Do not get distracted or the toilet will overflow and the pressure of the water filling the vent stack will split the tank. Have seen it firsthand. Just a few gallons and then open the valve works just as well as filling the tank.
__________________
2020 F28 RKS Titanium
2017 Creekside 23 RBS Sold
2016 F250 Super Crew XLT Overworked
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:06 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,495
Make sure you do NOT forget it or get distracted, it will be horrible.
Here is a story that happened in Katy, Texas in May 2020:
a couple pulls in with a 5th wheel: hooks up water, turns it on and they left the park. Well they hooked up to the flush not the city water hookup. Later somebody in the campground turned the water off, after it had already overflowed. When the couple got back they were upset that the water was off and had no water. After hooking water up the correct way, they went into the camper. Campground maintenance told them they had to clean up and they refused, so the campground made them pack up and leave. They said we have somebody coming out tomorrow to clean it. Maintenance was out there power washing the site, the road, for a couple of hours. The couple did NOT even clean their rig before leaving, they drove past us with the stuff falling off the roof on the road out the gate.
Maintenance went by with a shovel and a sprayer cleaning and sanitizing with bleach on the roads.
__________________
2018 Road Warrior 427/2016 golf cart (gas)
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
bddadles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Full Timing. When I park I'm home
Posts: 1,273
Like the others have said DON'T GET DISTRACTED. I have never seen one run over BUT my tank broke and that makes a mess also but it is outside.
__________________
2004 Volvo, 2009 smart car
2008 Hitch Hiker Champagne
Full timing January 2010
bddadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:25 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
PulNSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
Make sure you do NOT forget it or get distracted, it will be horrible.
Here is a story that happened in Katy, Texas in May 2020:
a couple pulls in with a 5th wheel: hooks up water, turns it on and they left the park. Well they hooked up to the flush not the city water hookup. Later somebody in the campground turned the water off, after it had already overflowed. When the couple got back they were upset that the water was off and had no water. After hooking water up the correct way, they went into the camper. Campground maintenance told them they had to clean up and they refused, so the campground made them pack up and leave. They said we have somebody coming out tomorrow to clean it. Maintenance was out there power washing the site, the road, for a couple of hours. The couple did NOT even clean their rig before leaving, they drove past us with the stuff falling off the roof on the road out the gate.
Maintenance went by with a shovel and a sprayer cleaning and sanitizing with bleach on the roads.

WOW! I can only imagine what that was like! What was falling off their roof? Makes you wonder if the park charged their credit card for the cleaning of the site.
__________________
2006 Keystone Montana 3500RL
2016 Ram 2500 w/Air Bags & Slider Hitch
PulNSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulNSerenity View Post
WOW! I can only imagine what that was like! What was falling off their roof? Makes you wonder if the park charged their credit card for the cleaning of the site.
Brown toilet paper, and solid brown items. Plus water dripping off when they turned the corners. To make matters worse, they were all the way in the back corner and had to drive thru the whole campground, past the lake, around the corner beside us and out the front gate.
__________________
2018 Road Warrior 427/2016 golf cart (gas)
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
PulNSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
Brown toilet paper, and solid brown items. Plus water dripping off when they turned the corners. To make matters worse, they were all the way in the back corner and had to drive thru the whole campground, past the lake, around the corner beside us and out the front gate.

Nasty! I still don't understand how all of that got onto the roof. Did the system push all of that through the roof vents? If so that is a poop wash from top to bottom. I don't know how you would even begin to clean it. I would imagine it got everywhere. Under the floors & in the walls. I think I would clean it up best as possible & sell it right away. Bet they never make that mistake again.
__________________
2006 Keystone Montana 3500RL
2016 Ram 2500 w/Air Bags & Slider Hitch
PulNSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:51 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulNSerenity View Post
Nasty! I still don't understand how all of that got onto the roof. Did the system push all of that through the roof vents? If so that is a poop wash from top to bottom. I don't know how you would even begin to clean it. I would imagine it got everywhere. Under the floors & in the walls. I think I would clean it up best as possible & sell it right away. Bet they never make that mistake again.
Right up the roof vent. I would assume the tank and vent had a really great seal together as well as the seal for the toilet.
Wonder what would had happened if they had pushed the foot pedal on the toilet??!!!!!!!!
__________________
2018 Road Warrior 427/2016 golf cart (gas)
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black tank, montana, tank



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I get to the actual valve on the black tank, 2014 Montana? scottandanna 5th Wheel Discussion 16 07-13-2017 10:12 AM
Montana 5th wheel: Black tank valve JeffD55 5th Wheel Discussion 9 09-01-2013 10:47 PM
2011 Montana black tank problems kacol 5th Wheel Discussion 6 11-19-2011 10:56 AM
BLACK TANK: "can we" or "can we not" leave the black tank open in an RV park?? doodlebug52 Travel Trailer Discussion 15 12-02-2009 09:56 PM
5th wheel Montana--Shower drains into black water tank-- Why Max Hubrich 5th Wheel Discussion 5 09-21-2009 05:47 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.