Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2020, 10:12 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You haven't by any chance called the resort and asked them have you?

I'm sure the problem comes up every now and then at that place.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2020, 01:51 AM   #16

I would contact a local RV dealership they may have a small rig (like was pictured before - Ask for a 5th wheel tow dolly) to move rigs around their lot... For a fee they may come and move yours into place for you or rent it to you...
Old 04-14-2020, 02:35 AM   #17

I can understand your delema.
If the site is level you could build a small dolly to support the pin and or landing gear and winch it in.

Just a suggestion. Keep in mind that the landing gear is not designed for these stresses.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:39 AM   #18
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
This is a absolutely crazy rule this park has. In all the years I've been using trailers, never once has a park required me to pull straight in, pull thru sites excluded. Most sites do not have room to maneuver your tow vehicle once in the site. Say bye-bye to use of your tow vehicle.

It is just plain nuts to require that.

It's also a emergency exit issue as well, in case of fire, etc.

I would move on and find another park.

(me hope this isn't a belated april fools posting).
We have a local riverfront park that every other site on the water is pull in. The connections are even placed on the correct side for that. They are intended for motorized units though and not for trailers or 5'ers.

Can it be done? Sure throw enough money at it and anything can be done. Is it worth it? That is only up to you.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #19

For what reason does it need to be located front in?
Sounds a bit odd.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #20

Get a pair if heavy duty dollys and put them under the landing gear. Even a pair of heavy truck, floor jacks will roll on concrete.
We pulled trucks sideways with them.

Then you just need a way to push or pull it into place. A cable pull would probably work if there's a tree in front.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #21

KZ RV Club
Campland on the Bay in San Diego has a couple "donkey engines" that they use to pull trailers into campsites so you can have a group setting with awnings together. Also, a lot of their sites have no rear border, so you =could= pull a FW nose-in by driving on the grass area behind the site. I think it's an awesome perk that they provide for larger families/friends wanting to be more intimate.

Lyle
Old 04-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKnox View Post
Campland on the Bay in San Diego has a couple "donkey engines" that they use to pull trailers into campsites so you can have a group setting with awnings together. Also, a lot of their sites have no rear border, so you =could= pull a FW nose-in by driving on the grass area behind the site. I think it's an awesome perk that they provide for larger families/friends wanting to be more intimate.

Lyle
Based on the reviews I see on Yelp and TripAdvisor, Campland would not be at the top of my list of places to visit.

Just an observation.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #23

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Based on the reviews I see on Yelp and TripAdvisor, Campland would not be at the top of my list of places to visit.

Just an observation.
Dunno. I've stayed there twice and had nice experiences both times. I'd stay there again.

Lyle
Old 04-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
For what reason does it need to be located front in?
Sounds a bit odd.
I agree. No matter if you have a trailer, 5th wheel or motorhome, the services side of any rig is found along the driver’s side of the unit. That’s to connect water, electric, sewer.

If this site can only used when driven into front ways, aren’t the service connections installed on the wrong side from normal?

Please....does this seem right to anyone?
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #25

When we had our shed delivered into our backyard, mind you its 14 x 28, they used a extension trailer to out it on spot. Never even left my driveway it extended out and swiveled a fair distance.Its was a little off, then he dropped down his Mule to make small minor adjustments. I dont know who, but maybe a rental company has one, some dealers might and mobile installers. Its called a Shed Mule I believe.
Conesus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #26

Quote:
This is a absolutely crazy rule this park has. In all the years I've been using trailers, never once has a park required me to pull straight in....
Me either, never heard that rule before. I've been to a couple Indiana State Parks that strongly prohibited pulling in forward though.

But, I've had a day to think about this now too. If the park is designed for CLASS-A motor homes only (which there are some RV resorts like that), then it's possible they require everyone to pull in forward. A motor home can back out without any of the issues a towable trailer would have.

If the park is just now opening up business to other RV's other than motor homes, then management needs to re-think this and maybe make some changes to accommodate backing in for towables.

Just my thoughts, but that would explain why this specific park would have such a rule.

It would be nice if the original poster would put the name and location of this park.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:06 PM   #27

Foretravel Owners Club
EZ.. Call a mobile home transport/placement outfit.. They should have the motorized spotting/manuvering equipment to put the coach however you want it..
One of my former neighbors was in the mobile home spotting racket, he had a motorized buggy that was on tracks and controlled by remote/wireless .. after spotting the coach , he just spun the buggy 90 deg and unhooked then exited out the side..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #28

We are blessed to have an Army Corp of Engineers lake (Kerr Scott) within 10 miles from our home. Last year, every camper was awakened around 1am in the pouring rain to vacate the park due to deep flooding. I could not imagine this with our 5th wheel pointed the wrong way.

This rule might be the dumbest thing I've heard of in a campground.
TMyers17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel