Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #29

I want get into the weight issue. Looks like you have received plenty of information on that.
My wife and I were in Elkhart a couple of weeks back and I decided to call the Alliance factory to see if we could look at a completed unit. Instead I was introduced to a young man from sales name Scout who gave us a complete tour of the factory.
I have done several plant tours so I had an idea what to look for. I was impressed with the frame for the unit. Seemed stronger than most at that price point. Also the way the frame was laid out made for a larger basement storage. I believe they also had beefed up tires to prevent the dreaded blowouts.
Most of the components were the same as you would see in most rvs, with the exception of the a/c. They use 3 a/c on all there units. They have a lower power draw so you could run 2 unit on 30 amp Service.
Scout said they spent a lot of time talking to RVers to hear what they thought was needed. They did have a couple of things that were helpful in my opinion. They had a propane attachment and water outlet outside on the door side of the unit. Also had 110 power and cable hookup in basement for tv. They had other things you can read about on there web site.
Overall I liked the units, I sure they have there issue like all rvs.
I hope you find the right rv for you, you may need to pull it to College Station some day. Gigem Aggies!
Tex50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #30

Sorry for the late update. I went down to Orlando RV to buy the Jayco Northpoint 315 RL. when I got there and I walked through it I just could not deal with the shower being that short as I am a large man 6’5”. It was a 2020 left over and had been on the lot a long time and the weathering showed.

I then begin to look at the Alliances on the lot and the 370FB. Great quality in the Alliance very well-built. The size of the 370 had me concerned as well as the weight. As I exited the unit and looked across the lot and noticed another Alliance that had just arrived. It was the 340 RL and I walked through it and knew it was the one for me. Huge bathroom and stair location is ideal. Very large living area. So I purchased a 340 RL Alliance and have been in it two weeks now full-time. Great quality and livability. Highly recommend them. I towed it from Orlando to Birmingham with my 2500 HD without issue but I think loaded I need a 3500. So my plan is to order a 2021 Chevy 3500 HD diesel single rear wheel. Again I can’t reiterate how impressed I am with the Alliance and the build quality. Thank you all for all your responses.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #31
laj

Thanks for the nice comeback. Always nice to know the outcome, and the why to go with it. Hope you feel the same way about it in a few months
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
Sorry for the late update. I went down to Orlando RV to buy the Jayco Northpoint 315 RL. when I got there and I walked through it I just could not deal with the shower being that short as I am a large man 6í5Ē. It was a 2020 left over and had been on the lot a long time and the weathering showed.

I then begin to look at the Alliances on the lot and the 370FB. Great quality in the Alliance very well-built. The size of the 370 had me concerned as well as the weight. As I exited the unit and looked across the lot and noticed another Alliance that had just arrived. It was the 340 RL and I walked through it and knew it was the one for me. Huge bathroom and stair location is ideal. Very large living area. So I purchased a 340 RL Alliance and have been in it two weeks now full-time. Great quality and livability. Highly recommend them. I towed it from Orlando to Birmingham with my 2500 HD without issue but I think loaded I need a 3500. So my plan is to order a 2021 Chevy 3500 HD diesel single rear wheel. Again I canít reiterate how impressed I am with the Alliance and the build quality. Thank you all for all your responses.

Congratulations on the new trailer, looks like you found exactly what you were looking for.
Try to travel light until you have a bigger truck and in the meantime make sure the tires on your 2500 are aired up to the max. when towing.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:08 AM   #33
JDT

Congratulations. That 340 was something I really wanted to see but at the time we bought in May the nearest one was 300 miles away.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:38 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
Sorry for the late update. I went down to Orlando RV to buy the Jayco Northpoint 315 RL. when I got there and I walked through it I just could not deal with the shower being that short as I am a large man 6í5Ē. It was a 2020 left over and had been on the lot a long time and the weathering showed.

I then begin to look at the Alliances on the lot and the 370FB. Great quality in the Alliance very well-built. The size of the 370 had me concerned as well as the weight. As I exited the unit and looked across the lot and noticed another Alliance that had just arrived. It was the 340 RL and I walked through it and knew it was the one for me. Huge bathroom and stair location is ideal. Very large living area. So I purchased a 340 RL Alliance and have been in it two weeks now full-time. Great quality and livability. Highly recommend them. I towed it from Orlando to Birmingham with my 2500 HD without issue but I think loaded I need a 3500. So my plan is to order a 2021 Chevy 3500 HD diesel single rear wheel. Again I canít reiterate how impressed I am with the Alliance and the build quality. Thank you all for all your responses.
Reference the stairs, since they are on the street side can you get up the stairs to the bedroom/bath with the slides in? We travel on a trip not sit for months in one location and being able to access features and parts in an RV while traveling are important. Sometimes we stay in a rest area or Walmart where it's not practical to extend slides so having access to the refer and at least the microwave is important. Are the slides hydraulic or electric? I don't see any mention on the web site. If hydraulic can slides be moved individually or does the slide with the "least resistance" move? How was the listed pricing? I don't see a "build and price" on the site either. Thanks
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #35

We were able to go in a 340RL when we were at the factory. And no, you could not get to the bathroom without opening the slide at least a little, I think the same was true for the bedroom. I didn’t see it closed, but that is what I was told. The slide do each have their own button, so you can open one at a time. The buttons were right where you come in the door and they were not in a cabinet. On the units that were on the shop floor, the main slides were hydraulic. I did see an electric slide on a bedroom slide. That was not a 340RL so I am not sure about that one.
Tex50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #36

RTR!
Jack Klompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #37

re the alliance shower.

I'm 6'4 250 and there are two things I like about the alliance shower. First is they are rectangular- for me the corner showers don't cut it. Second is that the seat isnt molded into the shell it folds up. Instant extra room. I'm fine with the shower on the smallest 310rl

Another one in the plus column for paradigm
Dlleno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, alliance, alliance rv, paradigm