Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2018, 02:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvajgrt View Post
We just bought a 337 RLS. We had one trip in it before it was winterized. The only issue we had was the fire place quit working on night two. Campers inn actually came out to our home and installed a new unit. It was great not having to register the camper, and throwing the 5th wheel hitch back in the truck. We spent alot of time looking at different models, went to a few camping shows, and always seemed to compare everything to the GD. cant wait till April to head back out and enjoy our new camper.

Whatever you decide, good luck on your purchase.
Thanks bvajgrt. We were dead set on Grand Design until I saw the Jayco 336FBOK layout. I still believe GD is the better coach. I think they definitely have better customer service. Your post proves that. The 337RLS will be our pick if we go with GD. We also want an on board generator and Jayco preps every coach from the factory where GD does not. Thanks again for your input. Very helpful.
Kaysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #16

KZ RV Club
I had a Jayco Eagle a couple years back, trouble free so I have no feed back on service. It was setup and ready fro PDI when I arrived, used unit a couple years before I traded for a different floor plan. ( bunkhouse we no longer needed )
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:33 AM   #17

Thanks Edd505
Old 12-23-2018, 05:56 AM   #18

We have the Grand Design 323BHS which essentially the same size unit as the 337 but with a bunk house. The 337 remains one of the few original designs for Grand Design, and they remain a very popular floorplan.

Just beware that the 337 is just heavy enough to tax the capabilities of a 3/4 ton truck. You would do best to tow it with a 1 ton single rear wheel truck or better yet a dual rear wheel 1 ton diesel. They are just a little heavy to tow with a gas engine truck unless it's for very short distances.

We find the fit and finish of our 323BHS to be great and it is pushing 4 years old without any problem.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #19

337 I believe is 5 feet shorter. 40 feet you cant just go anywhere and think your going to fit
bookem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #20

Bought a Reflection 337 in November picked it up in Arkansas and drove it 2300 miles back to Seattle through snow, high winds, below 20 degrees each night and no issues, no little things to correct either.
Don and ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
We have the Grand Design 323BHS which essentially the same size unit as the 337 but with a bunk house. The 337 remains one of the few original designs for Grand Design, and they remain a very popular floorplan.

Just beware that the 337 is just heavy enough to tax the capabilities of a 3/4 ton truck. You would do best to tow it with a 1 ton single rear wheel truck or better yet a dual rear wheel 1 ton diesel. They are just a little heavy to tow with a gas engine truck unless it's for very short distances.

We find the fit and finish of our 323BHS to be great and it is pushing 4 years old without any problem.
Thanks Bamaman, I agree with the weight of the 337. I have a 3/4 ton gasser and am now considering the 303RLS same floor plan but shorter and lighter.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and ren View Post
Bought a Reflection 337 in November picked it up in Arkansas and drove it 2300 miles back to Seattle through snow, high winds, below 20 degrees each night and no issues, no little things to correct either.
Thanks Don and REN. That is awesome news.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #23

This past summer we purchased a GD 320MKS. We love the unit as a hole. I made a few after market changes immediately after taking possession. I changed the suspension system, put a tire rack system in and changed all the cheap china tires.

2 weeks ago we picked the unit up from Affinity RV where we purchased it. We had all the warrantee work completed. One issue I didn't appreciate is GD factory would not replace the shower stall. It leaked from the 1st time we used it. They found a small pin hole next to drain. The factory blamed the hole on us, which is ludicrous. My dealership ended up hiring a fiberglass restoration company that repaired the floor. This is the only issue we had to date. We've been out several times so far. Spending summer of 19 in Alaska.
Bob Lacourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #24

We have a 2011 Jayco and during the 2 year warranty had a slide issue. No problem getting fixed. I am of the opinion the dealership is nearly as important as the brand.
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #25

I would suggest you visit the forums for each brand. I think you'll find that there's not much difference between the two. Both will have very happy owners, owners with issues but still happy and owners that are displeased. Both will have similar issues because they're basically made using the same labor force, parts and technology.
You're taking your chances with either brand.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #26

Jayco is 100% Thor now and it shows, Thor has already sucked some of the quality out of the Jayco product to bring costs down and profits per unit up. Anybody buying a Jayco now is not getting the legacy Jayco product. GD is much better in terms of customer service but in my opinion the Reflection assembly quality may be some what better than the current Jayco Eagle product. Jayco uses Goodyear tires on their units where GD still uses chinese tires. They both use Lippert frames which is not a plus for either one of them. if you have issues it will come down to how you are treated not only by the dealer but the company itself, GD hands down on that note. I know folks who own new Jayco and new GD, both have had issues with their rigs and GD stepped up where Thor turned away.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #27

Look deep enough and you'll see that GD uses a lot of OSB, MDF in their construction. I don't think Jayco uses OSB. Read the forums for each brand and it's clear that neither has figured out how to build a better RV. Both skimp in areas.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #28

Question is why does Jayco use such small tanks for fresh water and grey water?
bookem15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, reflection