Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #57

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Am I seeing this correctly? No ducted air conditioning? That's old entry level stick and tin stuff. No way would I go for that.
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #58

Having ducted air is a big must have feature. Heck, good catch as I thought ducted air was more standard, especially on nice 5th wheels.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #59

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I am a lurker on Facebook and decided to join the Alliance Facebook page a couple of weeks ago. Its very active and the founders monitor it and respond quickly to questions, etc.
Many of the other members are so defensive. Cracks me up. An upstart company with followers who don't even own one of these rigs yet.
At any rate, one of the founders of Alliance responded to my inquiry about the ac system. The bedroom ac is ducted to allow a vent in the closet (yes, closet!) and bathroom. However, the 2 units in the main level are not ducted. I was told it allows the ac system to be more efficient.
I left the FB group as I'm have heard enough. I wish them luck but I see nothing special about their build quality that would make me want one.
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:47 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am impressed that they recognize the real need for 3 AC units on any 5th wheel longer than about 36'. We have a 2019 41' Solitude with 2 15K btu ducted AC units and have a hard time cooling it well in hot weather. Grand Design should at least prep their larger units for a 3rd AC or offer it as an option.

Tags
5th wheel, alliance, alliance rv, paradigm