Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #1

New 5th wheel Manufacturer

Looks like a new manufacturer of 5th wheels will be starting up in January. Alliance RV is completing a new factory and says they will be producing luxury fifth wheels. Most of the upper management seems to be coming from Heartland and then manufacturing from Grand Design. The Brady's were with Heartland before they got bought out. Looking forward to seeing what they come out with. Supposedly going to be at some shows in January, hopefully with some show units as there calendar does have models listed per event.

I found an interview from August.
2002dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
This will be interesting to see. I'm not holding my breath for anything special. All of the quality manufacturers have gone belly-up all about the around the same time.
Carriage made quality rigs for 40 years and the guy who took them into bankruptcy then took over the upstart sister Lifestyle LRV and took them into bankruptcy.
All the quality manufacturers such as Carriage/Lifesyle, Excel, Teton, and NuWa and Continental Coach have closed.
Luxe RV started making nice fivers and still do but reduced production to only the larger, higher priced units.
I'm so tired of all the manufactures coming out with new lines and touting themselves as luxury/high end and there's not one thing different about their build.
Then Vanleigh started up. Nothing specials about them at all and touting themselves as high-end with the likes of Lippert axles and cheap Chinese tires. Really? Beautiful paint though!
I will be watching but I'm not holding my breath. If its even as nice as a DRV or Riverstone I will be surprised.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:12 PM   #3

Time will tell.

1. Will they put together sourced parts like lippert frames and so forth.
Like most do.

Or will they step it up quality wise and start by Manufacturing a superior quality frame and adequate, quality axles,wheels,tires and disc brakes.
Do you remember the dually wheels and disc brakes that Newmar used ?

Will they use a one piece fiberglass roof ?

And quality, real viable quality maximum
R value insulation?

If not they will depend on Marketing hype like most have.
And offer nothing new for the buyer.
Thats not already available.

Time will tell???
The first shows are a month away. [emoji106][emoji6][emoji41]
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:39 AM   #4
JDT

We are kind of, sort of starting to look. I really get discouraged when I read about all these issues some are having with their rv purchases, realizing, of course, that usually only unhappy folks post their experiences and the happy ones don't. We would like to have something a little shorter and a little lighter but with good build qualities. Generally lighter and quality don't seem to mix well. Maybe these folks will do something different. We can hope.

We had some decent manufacturers like Excel and NuWa but, just my opinion, they couldn't compete with the glitz and glamour offered by their competitors for a much lower price. House built frames, good undercarriage and fiberglass roofs add costs that others bypass and use the savings to add bling.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If they really want to shake up the RV market, they need to use a Young's Welding frame that is powder coated, dual pane windows, better insulation, better cabinets, heavier furniture and carpet, and Mor/Ryde IS suspension and American made tires rated fro the load.

Problem with this is it will make the Rv heavier and people can;t pull them with their 3/4 ton trucks and they will be more $$$$.

A number of higher end manufacturers have bit the dust and cannot keep up with the glitz from Thor and Forest River. I am very fornatuate that we got one of the last HitchHiker Champagnes. A well built, true 4-season, full time RV.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:01 AM   #6

Curiois to know if they dont use Lippert Frames. And if they is the spray foam insulation. Instead of the Bat
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #7

Neither the website or interview gives much useful information other than that the people involved understand the RV making business as practiced in Indiana. Which is not necessarily a good thing for consumers.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #8

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I hate to sound like a sad sack but it's all hype to get them launched. Just like Vanleigh and GD.....nothing special. Americans will buy it if if looks good enough. They love blink and gimmickry!
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
Curiois to know if they dont use Lippert Frames. And if they is the spray foam insulation. Instead of the Bat
Their frames will be Lippert. From what I've read so far they will be in the 70k range and build / components seem similar to all the other mid range 5th wheel mfgrs. I read that they will have a unit at the Tampa RV show and Ft Worth RV show in January.
I'll keep my Lifestyle 😉
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Can't help but wonder how long they will last until they sell out to Thor, FR, or Winnebago! And if they use Lippert junk, they won't last and the warranty issues will drive them crazy. GD sold out just in time to stick it to Winnebago!
Old 12-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
Their frames will be Lippert. From what I've read so far they will be in the 70k range and build / components seem similar to all the other mid range 5th wheel mfgrs. I read that they will have a unit at the Tampa RV show and Ft Worth RV show in January.
I'll keep my Lifestyle [emoji6]
wishful thinking i guess. Ill keep my Teton till something else comes along thats actually an upgrade.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
I hate to sound like a sad sack but it's all hype to get them launched. Just like Vanleigh and GD.....nothing special. Americans will buy it if if looks good enough. They love blink and gimmickry!
VanLeigh does have pretty nice all wood cabinetry on some models, that's uncommon. And simpler, less flashy cabinetry than usual at that. And options for heavier axles and disc brakes. I think they're quite a bit nicer than GDs, Montanas, Bighorns and such.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:54 PM   #13

FYI - They have a private group (easy to join) on Facebook and Bill Martin very actively participates. They preview floorplans and designs there.

Bill tries to answer all questions and often gives out his cell number if you want to call and discuss specifics.

Best regards,
Chris
BubbaChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #14

So if you can't build a better product then offer better customer service.
After the CS is gone what're are you left with?
The same stuff everyone else has.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, alliance, alliance rv, paradigm