Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2001, 02:47 AM   #15

On our 36' Avion, we replaced the carpet, bought some of the best grade carpet in a matching color, but instead of leaving the thin blanket RV padding, we used the cushi-firm 1/2" kind you put in the house.

WOW! Is it ever comfortable! Did not interfere with the slide.

Now, the kids don't want to lay out the sofa bed, they prefer to just sleep on the carpet in a sleeping bag. Works for me and the wife.

Found my new carpet is easier to clean than the factory carpet. All for much less than $400.00

We removed our old carpet, padding and staple, which was a noteworthy savings.

Now that I have watched it installed once, I will do the job myself the next time.
DogDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2001, 04:36 AM   #16

Thanks for the clarification about whether to "blab" the dealer's name or not...just really didn't know.

The relatives live up near Ft. Worth, TX and have been going, for years now, to Country RV Center in Bryan, TX. (I've been gently corrected by His Worship; the two places are not "hundreds of miles" apart. My view is that by the time you make the round-trip, it's definitely not in the neighborhood for these 1944 high school graduates to get there and return home....so dealer loyalty counts for something here.)

They were enjoying their 3rd fifth wheel from this place when they decided they wanted new carpet. They took the RV back to the dealer and left it there for awhile. The double slide had to be removed in order to install new carpet, which looks great now, and the couple is happy. If you want more information, the web site is www.countryrv.com

Llana

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Towing 30 ft. Carri Lite 5th wheel.

Towing 30 ft. Carri Lite 5th wheel.
Llana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 05:31 AM   #17

Sounds like DogDiesel replaced carpeting very much like we did, including ALL those staples. We, too, used good padding and the coach looked great and felt good on bare feet!!! We had to do some extra work on the seat belts (they were attached to the cockpit seats) to remedy a very dangerous situation.
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #18

The kids and I turned the AC on, put in some good music and proceeded to remove all those staples after I ripped the carpet and padding out. There were about a cup of them we pulled, not to mention those that stuck to the padding.

The carpet was installed to wall, nut under wall as in some units, so the new carpet installation was easier.

We like our carpet.
DogDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 11:00 PM   #19

We just finished installing laminate flooring in our 5w. New carpet on the slide. We do a lot of drycaming in the SW desert and wanted soething that wouldn't hold the dust and sand as my wife has asthma (?). Did the installation in one day. It took a day to pull our the carpet and staples.
patsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #20

We have removed the carpet from the living/kitchen area of our 5th wheel. Can anyone give some advice on how to proceed to install laminate flooring? We left the carpet on the 14' slide for now, and wanted to have an easier floor surface to clean with our furkids. It is a 95 Collins. Is there a way to take the carpet out from under the slide (we do not have a flush floor slide). We also want to replace the carpet around the bed with laminate to match. Suggestions? Thanks so much. Jack and Judy in Cheyenne, WY
judithkay41 is offline   Reply With Quote