Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2021, 06:35 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Just to toss a little New Horizons into the thread again, we just picked up our 2nd New Horizons 5th wheel and couldn't be more happy with the rig. Another great job done by a great team.
I agree 100%. NH In my mind is a better built coach than the rvf luxe brand, there just can't be any question there, it just is. For me though and my opinion, nh is at a higher price point for there top of the line majestic model and also it's a must have requirement to tow with a mdt/hdt truck if where talking about A 40'+ models. A 3500 has to be out of the question unless your talking about nh shortest model wich would still be at the 3500s limits because of the superior build quality.
Now when it comes down to finishings I believe the rvf luxe brand just looks much nicer.
Either way you go, both company's are awesome and can custom tailer your rig to your lifestyle and both units are at the top of the industry just under spacecraft and nobody can go wrong with other rvf or nh.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2021, 07:18 AM   #58

My opinion, based upon a year of research and looking at used units.. like a lot of things (e.g. a Super Duty equipped with a Cummins for some sweet straight six action!) my ideal 5th wheel would be a combination of a NH or a SpaceCraft that has the look and feel of a Luxe.

We pulled the trigger on a 2017 LF-39FB (private seller). Looks brand new on the inside, and nearly new on the outside. NRVIA inspector found no major issues. Hopefully, we will be pulling it to its new home within the week.
Rob_from_Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:44 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_from_Aho View Post
My opinion, based upon a year of research and looking at used units.. like a lot of things (e.g. a Super Duty equipped with a Cummins for some sweet straight six action!) my ideal 5th wheel would be a combination of a NH or a SpaceCraft that has the look and feel of a Luxe.

We pulled the trigger on a 2017 LF-39FB (private seller). Looks brand new on the inside, and nearly new on the outside. NRVIA inspector found no major issues. Hopefully, we will be pulling it to its new home within the week.
congratulations Rob. Welcome to the luxe family. With the rvf i just don't see how you can go wrong. People contact them after 5 yrs and they are more than willing to help fix any issues that arise. Nice find on the used model, there's not to many used luxes out there for sale, folks just don't get rid of them that often.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:48 AM   #60

Not to many out there to be had as not to many have been built, RV factory in business since 2014...Purchased Augusta end of 2016 which is about the same time as the Luxe line was introduced if i remember correctly.

Congrats on your new / used rig they sure are pretty
Old 06-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #61

from what I've seen spec and bragging a side. The NH stays cooler in extreme heat then the luxe. end of the day thats all that counts. Put both rigs direct sunlight no trees 100 degree heat and high humidity. And see what there inside temps are. My bet is equal number of A/C units the NH will out perform the luxe. These days that's what I think is the bottom line. I've done rig comparisons such as the one I mentioned.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
from what I've seen spec and bragging a side. The NH stays cooler in extreme heat then the luxe. end of the day thats all that counts. Put both rigs direct sunlight no trees 100 degree heat and high humidity. And see what there inside temps are. My bet is equal number of A/C units the NH will out perform the luxe. These days that's what I think is the bottom line. I've done rig comparisons such as the one I mentioned.
Ive not lived in the luxe yet but from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be much differance between the two in equal comparisons as related to heating and cooling and maintaining set temperatures. Can you explain what it is that you know to be the major differences to state that one outperforms the other. I mean I can see how you can brag on the nh frame and Bigfoot hyds but maintain indoor temps I just don't see it.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #63

Well talking to customers in central OK in July and August. the lux was hard to keep below 77 in the high heat and humidity. the new horizons 72-73 was easily attainable. 3 airs in the luxe and 2 on the NH. That about explains and ends the debate for me. Why would the luxe need 3 and the NH only 2 and the NH stays cooler.

Definition of high heat....high 102 heat index 118. 80% humidity or higher.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #64

Quote:
Well talking to customers in central OK in July and August. the lux was hard to keep below 77 in the high heat and humidity. the new horizons 72-73 was easily attainable. 3 airs in the luxe and 2 on the NH. That about explains and ends the debate for me. Why would the luxe need 3 and the NH only 2 and the NH stays cooler.

Definition of high heat....high 102 heat index 118. 80% humidity or higher.
Well something don't make sense. Until my luxe is built we are in a low end fr wildcat with only 1 ac and extremely limited insulation and single pane windows and thin walls. We have stayed out in the desert at 118 and 101 in Mississippi and numerous months in a 100+ locations around the u.s. and this low end rig never gets above 77 degrees. We set it at 67 and it normally stays in the low to mid 70s in here. So I can only imagine that the nh and luxe units should not be the same considering you have 3x the ac, more than double wall thickness and numerous layers of forms of insulation to completely engulf the unit. Your nh and my luxe should be like living in an ice box, if its not I want my 200k back, hahahaha
Old 06-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #65

Bigger the rig the more slides the more there is too cool. The morr size the more wall space, windows roof to absorb heat. Only so many BTU's to cool with. This is where they seperate the rigs and there abilities. 15k in a small rig is prob adequate. Almost double the square footage and most likely the number of slides. There you have it.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Bigger the rig the more slides the more there is too cool. The morr size the more wall space, windows roof to absorb heat. Only so many BTU's to cool with. This is where they seperate the rigs and there abilities. 15k in a small rig is prob adequate. Almost double the square footage and most likely the number of slides. There you have it.
I still have to disagree . I agree with your premise of small rig and a single ac being able to keep it cool vs a lg rig with 3 acs and more wall space, that's just common sense talking points. Our current rig has dang near zero insulation, you can put your hands on the walls and windows and They are really hot but the single cold ac keeps the interior cool. On the well built coaches like nh & luxe there wall's are over twice as thick and literally solid insulation so heat can't permeate through to affect room temperature this making it easy easier to cool. Much more efficient per sq ft. On our current rig it's 35' with 15k ac, your telling me a our new rig that's just 13' bigger at 48' with 45k of acs , that's actuelly insulated up and down and side to side is going to be hotter than this 77 degrees in this cheap wildcat. I'm sorry but we will just have to disagree. Plus you stated nh just runs 2 ac units, luxe is the same with just 2, that's why a 3rd ac is an option and not necessary, just bling on the bracelet. The only reason I want 3 was if 1 goes down I can still properly cool my rig. If I only have 2 and lose 1 then I'm screwed with an emergency repair call. I know its been a long debate about wich is better at this or that and allot of it is brand loyalty and I get that but with the way these two high end rigs are built there is just no way imho to say there is a clear winner of wich is better insulated and probably most humans will never feel a differance inside of either.
Now if we're talking frame and hydraulics and you say there is a clear winner, i would agree that nh is the clear winner but like I said in the past , is it necessary to have a frame that's that built. i don't think it's needed to have a rv frame more capable than a commercial truck frame that can carry 82k. It's bling on the bracelet just like a 3rd ac.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #67

Evergreen Owners Club
Cooling vs NH

Well now, I call hogwash on this guy saying the Luxe can't even compete with cooling compared to NH. Maybe that was a first production Luxe, or maybe that was an extra insulated NH. I know mine can beat the NH hands down. I have more insulation in the roof, 3 inch insulated walls with an additional 1/4 inch foam padded interior walls. During the winter mine was the only one that didn't have the furnaces constantly running to keep heated. Same way after the temps warmed to plus 90 in southern Texas, ours was the only one that the A/C's would stay off for any length of time.

This Luxe is one fantastic trailer.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:16 PM   #68

I would wonder what full body paint color is on each unit. I've seen some FBP 5ers and TH that were a shiny black with a few off color swirls for graphics. Can't tell me that a mostly black 5er/TH will cool down vs a creamy tan colored one.
Don't know what color people are seeing and comparing. But after owning a black truck I went 180* and got a white one.
You'd need to have the same window sizes and placement and the same FBP for comparisons.
Now if a black 5er cools down better with 2 AC's than a creamy tan colored one with 3 AC's then there's a point to be made.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #69

Exactly this. This is why my Nu-Wa is getting a white overall body color with silver, blue and black accent. Most will view it as gel coat with vinyl graphics but the graphics will prove otherwise. I really don't care what it's percieved as, when 1 AC unit is keeping up just fine while a reserve in waiting. White and bugs will be a challenge but black and dust is never ending. Just my 2 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I would wonder what full body paint color is on each unit. I've seen some FBP 5ers and TH that were a shiny black with a few off color swirls for graphics. Can't tell me that a mostly black 5er/TH will cool down vs a creamy tan colored one.
Don't know what color people are seeing and comparing. But after owning a black truck I went 180* and got a white one.
You'd need to have the same window sizes and placement and the same FBP for comparisons.
Now if a black 5er cools down better with 2 AC's than a creamy tan colored one with 3 AC's then there's a point to be made.
5er2life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
Well now, I call hogwash on this guy saying the Luxe can't even compete with cooling compared to NH. Maybe that was a first production Luxe, or maybe that was an extra insulated NH. I know mine can beat the NH hands down. I have more insulation in the roof, 3 inch insulated walls with an additional 1/4 inch foam padded interior walls. During the winter mine was the only one that didn't have the furnaces constantly running to keep heated. Same way after the temps warmed to plus 90 in southern Texas, ours was the only one that the A/C's would stay off for any length of time.

This Luxe is one fantastic trailer.
I agree, there's just no way thers a clear cut winner in this dept, unless nh builds there wall's out of 2x6s wich we know they don't then there both going to be comparable. Quite frankly I'm super stoked about the 3 1/2" wall's having the solid core graphite infused that way I never have to worry about it settling.

Tags
luxe