Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2021, 05:11 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I would wonder what full body paint color is on each unit. I've seen some FBP 5ers and TH that were a shiny black with a few off color swirls for graphics. Can't tell me that a mostly black 5er/TH will cool down vs a creamy tan colored one.
Don't know what color people are seeing and comparing. But after owning a black truck I went 180* and got a white one.
You'd need to have the same window sizes and placement and the same FBP for comparisons.
Now if a black 5er cools down better with 2 AC's than a creamy tan colored one with 3 AC's then there's a point to be made.
My current low end fiver is white with basically no insulation and Crap windows. We stay plenty cool with 1 ac even though the walls are scorching hot and you can hear talking outside like there inside. I swear i will never buy another white rv again because i can't wash this thing enough to keep it clean since most resorts don't allow washing ill have to sneak out during the night and scrub a section, oh yeah i do as I'm super adamant on preventive maintenance and keeping a rig looking good.
As of now the color we have chosen on our luxe build is the ford rr ruby red and the minimal graphics will match my ram truck billet silver. The wife wants to go outside the box a bit and she really likes that rr color even though I hate ford, lol. It's not going to be the Tsunami paint scheme just the std. We wanted to go with a more clean classy look. Yes rr is allot more darker than white but honestly with the walls being over twice as thick as my current fiver and it's solid insulate and duel pane windows and 3 acs , there's just no way I'm going to buy into that the indoor temperature is going to be noticeably different because of color . My ac btus per sq ft on the luxe will be 1 btu per 1.1 ft verses my current wildcat wich is 1 btu per 2.4 ft, that's more than doubled my current capacity I also, I also had a black truck once it sucked but it's not like it was insulated to keep heat out either. when we toured the place inside and out we went in several luxe rigs and couldn't hear outdoor noise. We even went out of the box and one of us went outside and yelled with the other inside and visa versa and the sound that permeated was so minimal. Sound deadening is super important to us because to be frank we absolutely hate kid noise or a neighbors radio, either of those two will drive me crazy and I'm already half way there.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2021, 06:39 PM   #72

Think what you will folks. Real world questions via real customers tell a different tale. I know you guys won't knock your 200k or 150k purchase. I work in a campground and this is what said customers tell me. Believe what you will I'm just passing on real info to the OP.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:39 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
Think what you will folks. Real world questions via real customers tell a different tale. I know you guys won't knock your 200k or 150k purchase. I work in a campground and this is what said customers tell me. Believe what you will I'm just passing on real info to the OP.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:49 PM   #74

Quote:
So your saying that these said customers come into your campground and tell you that there luxe doesn't keep heat out as well as a nh does by a couple degrees, and that's real world facts. You have real world luxe owners on this forum telling you differently so who's facts are correct?
Ive said since the beginning there equal in insulation and heating and chilling and it's just a personal feel, there to close in comparison to be a clear winner. As stated in prior posts unless these said talkers have compared the same floor plan and window layout of the luxe vs nh and on the same day with like heat and humidity, there's way to many variables that can make one 2 or 3 degrees better than another. These are all just talking points or opinions and were all entitled to our own opinions but not facts. I personally have never heard a luxe or new horizons owner talk about there rig and say I wish I had my (other brand) new horizons back because it was a couple degrees cooler inside, that's just my opinion and experiences and not fact based Intel.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:20 AM   #75

They don't just come and tell me. "I ask". I talk to many about there rigs how they like it etc. Get opinions ask questions. 100 rigs a day come through the campground lots to choose from and ask questions. I go by what people say. I ask like how does it do in this heat they tell me. In winter how is it doing in the cold. Burning through propane etc. most rver's are more then happy to answer questions. Yes there are those in the forums to. But I go by real world real people. you think they would lie about 77 degrees. Believe what you want. Not arguing and not a keyboard warrior. This is what I've seen and been told. Believe it or not it's up to you.

Also think about this when said rigs are parked in full sun and owners ask for a site in the SHADE. That tells me they can't keep cool. I hate trees gets my rig dirty and I know I stay very cool. Lol

Lol ask New Horizons owners that had Tetons. Many even on this forum will say a NH is the closest to a Teton you'll ever get. That said I'll put my Teton up against any of the luxe and NH.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:22 AM   #76

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
They don't just come and tell me. "I ask". I talk to many about there rigs how they like it etc. Get opinions ask questions. 100 rigs a day come through the campground lots to choose from and ask questions. I go by what people say. I ask like how does it do in this heat they tell me. In winter how is it doing in the cold. Burning through propane etc. most rver's are more then happy to answer questions. Yes there are those in the forums to. But I go by real world real people. you think they would lie about 77 degrees. Believe what you want. Not arguing and not a keyboard warrior. This is what I've seen and been told. Believe it or not it's up to you.

Also think about this when said rigs are parked in full sun and owners ask for a site in the SHADE. That tells me they can't keep cool. I hate trees gets my rig dirty and I know I stay very cool. Lol

Lol ask New Horizons owners that had Tetons. Many even on this forum will say a NH is the closest to a Teton you'll ever get. That said I'll put my Teton up against any of the luxe and NH.

So you will believe these owners but not me? I am a Luxe owner and I say BS!!!! I would guess you have not even had half a dozen Luxe's in your campgrounds and most likely not many more NH. These luxury trailers are all just too scarce. As to asking for shade or not that is just a personal preference for when sitting outside enjoying the fresh air. If you aren't an actual owner of either of the brands you are speaking of, then your statements aren't worth a grain of salt. Have a nice day!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
So you will believe these owners but not me? I am a Luxe owner and I say BS!!!! I would guess you have not even had half a dozen Luxe's in your campgrounds and most likely not many more NH. These luxury trailers are all just too scarce. As to asking for shade or not that is just a personal preference for when sitting outside enjoying the fresh air. If you aren't an actual owner of either of the brands you are speaking of, then your statements aren't worth a grain of salt. Have a nice day!
Old 06-13-2021, 07:56 AM   #78

I am not in that league anymore since I got a divorce but when I was in that league I saw both a NH and Spacecraft. Those two are at the tippy top of best made 5th wheels IMHO. I would tow it with a MDT like a Freightliner M2 Sport Chassis. I still don't believe a current LDT could tow them.

A Luxe is pretty fancy and well built but it is not a NH.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I am not in that league anymore since I got a divorce but when I was in that league I saw both a NH and Spacecraft. Those two are at the tippy top of best made 5th wheels IMHO. I would tow it with a MDT like a Freightliner M2 Sport Chassis. I still don't believe a current LDT could tow them.

A Luxe is pretty fancy and well built but it is not a NH.
I would agree. On an overall basis from best to cookie cutter I would rank them in the order of
Sc
Nh
Luxe
Drv
Riverstone by fr
All the rest
Each brand definitly has there individual specialties that are better or as good as another. Yes allot of these items are individual preference like bling and or build over kill for a 30k gvwrThen there is the price point factor wich I would rate the same way as above. Top 3 are all extremely quality units with drv being the best of the cookie cutters. Imho
Old 06-13-2021, 06:16 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
I would agree. On an overall basis from best to cookie cutter I would rank them in the order of
Sc
Nh
Luxe
Drv
Riverstone by fr
All the rest
Each brand definitly has there individual specialties that are better or as good as another. Yes allot of these items are individual preference like bling and or build over kill for a 30k gvwrThen there is the price point factor wich I would rate the same way as above. Top 3 are all extremely quality units with drv being the best of the cookie cutters. Imho
Space craft is out of business for years.
buc1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
Sounds like yours are worth a grain of salt. I'll take the word of owners in person over someone who takes offense to other peoples information in the real world. There are exceptions on this forum. Yes I'm at a koa Resort. So I see a lot of luxury rigs. There is a luxe in the resort today. The resorts attract the luxury rigs.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
Space craft is out of business for years.
Spacecraft is still in buisness , i just pulled it up on the web. Maybe it's continental your thinking of???
Old 06-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #83

Continental by Forks rv are the best built 5ver I've seen. Up there with spacekraft and better then NH or luxe. They were awesome. Still 150k or more to get one today and there 6 years old. Air ride suspension on a 5ver is slick.

https://www.rvt.com/-Continental-Coa...53689-UX423020
Old 06-13-2021, 07:22 PM   #84

Quote:
Continental by Forks rv are the best built 5ver I've seen. Up there with spacekraft and better then NH or luxe. They were awesome. Still 150k or more to get one today and there 6 years old. Air ride suspension on a 5ver is slick.

https://www.rvt.com/-Continental-Coa...53689-UX423020
they were definitly a close top 2 toss up with sc that's for sure. They were a top notch coach

Tags
luxe