Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #1

New RV Manufacturer - Alliance

The Alliance line seems alluring following some of the youtube videos I have seen.

I am eyeballing the GD Solitude and Keystone Alpine/Montana lines.
Can anyone provide your assessments of the differences?

I have watched new startups come and go - e.g. Evergreen. Dont want to be caught in that situation - although the components are all the same.

Anyway, just looking for some input from the experts in the field.
Opinions and welcome also.
touringmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2021, 01:26 PM   #2

Seeing how nobody has responded yet I will throw my two cents out with my limited knowledge of two of the brands mentioned and get the comments rolling.

We were GD owners for over a year and put 11k miles on our unit with minimal issues and what issues we did have we experienced excellent customer support from GD. The dealer was slow but GD helped us make it happen even offering to send me the parts if I preferred. With my experience with that unit and their service I would have no issue buying GD again.

I like that Alliance is new / independent and really seem to listen to their customers input. I have been to several RV shows where in speaking to their reps they just seem more enthusiastic about their product.

However they seem to have an issue with their showers. Every one I have been into the surrounding "one piece" is separating from the wall. I called their office and they stated that they think they have a new fix for this and had been using tape and now using glue (or other way around). I asked them if they would go to a moulded shower in the future and was told that their customers like the current setup as it gives more space.

Joining the Alliance Facebook group will give you a lot of insight as well. They are active with the group in giving feedback and there are a lot of members. I also saw in the FB group that the shower was an issue and one had resorted to riveting to remedy the issue.

Of course we all understand none are perfect.
r3842id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:53 PM   #3

We just traded our Class A gas motorhome for an Alliance 310RL 5th wheel. So I can not compare to other 5th wheel, e.g the Grand Design other than having seen the one that our neighbor has.

So far, after some 2000 miles traveled and 2 weeks in the camper, I am very happy. There were some startup issues, most annoying the improperly functioning leveler. But this was more an LCI fault and the replacement controller and sensor were were installed by the dealer (Bish's/Cheyenne) while we were waiting. Otherwise, we still need to find out why the zillion USB charge ports are not working and the main TV is not on the Inverter AC circuit. But that is just minor niggles.

Otherwise, it seems to be a well-built trailer with some upscale features and we did not see some of the cheap quality issues we had with the motorhome. Super-large tinted windows, and 3 A/C units to deal with that...No outside, plumbing or shower door leaks, no paper-thin film on the cabinets, a real residential 4-burner stove/oven, large fridge, large shower, king bed, so nothing to complain. It even came with a solar system that is supposed to be optional. Got a good deal and fair trade for the motorhome.

So far, I really can recommend it. But It is no surprise not to see much replies because there are not yet many around. And, before you know it the company may be sold to Thor anyway...
Jerry Burks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #4

we looked at the GD rear Kitchen and the Alliance RK.We have a dealer in our city that carries both of these brands and had both on his lot so we were able to go back and forth to compare the two. The GD does have an island but we( she
felt this restricted the movement in the kitchen. We ( My wife lol ) preferred the Alliance for a few reasons. Much brighter interior and the TV wasn't on a fixed wall like a lot of other brands that goes up to the ceiling. The Alliance lets in more light. In the kitchen there is a Big prep counter facing the TV. large window over the sink as well as a window under the micro. Lighter coloured cabs and the two tone is a nice touch. No steps throughout. The raised kitchen in the GD gives you a large storage area with a tray, but we ( she ) felt not having any steps to go into the kitchen would be a bigger benefit considering my instability lol. Bath is nice ( the GD does give you double sinks but how often are two people in the bath using both sinks? We havd double sinks in our last house and we weren't both in the bathroom at the same time except perhaps one in the shower and one at the sink. Alliance calls their windows Atrium and the living/ kitchen does appear to be brighter than in the GD.
I like a lot of people do wonder about the possibility of selling out to one of the two giants who own 90% of all 5th wheel companies even Vanleigh has sold out. Hopefully Alliance will stay true to their Company Mission Statement. Good luck in your decision. I ( we ) would lean towards Alliance but GD seems to have a lot of loyal customers as well. To muddy the waters we are waiting to look at a Montana 3231CK which we have seen many videos on and it looks very nice and has a lot of unique features . Another dealer has one sold but is going to call us when he has it on his lot and we will go take a look. Montana as per their sales stick have been the best selling 5th wheel for the last 25 years, so they are obviously doing something right. My ( our ) 2 cents worth . Happy trails .
balticblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Montana was the number one selling fiver for years then lost its way. The newer ones are really improved and especially if you get the Legacy Edition which adds disc brakes.
Be sure you are looking at overall build and fit/finish, too.
I'd sacrifice some bling for a better build and better running gear. Good luck.

Tags
alliance