Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2020, 06:11 AM   #15

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhagfo View Post
What clutch did you put in front of your NV4500? As I stated I had a Valair Double Disk Organic, never slipped.

I used that VIN listing web site extensively when I was looking for our new to us 2016 Ram Laramie 3500 CC DRW 6.7 with Aisin and 3.73. It allowed me to eliminate many trucks before even making a call.

Actually It was upgraded to a 13" LUK clutch. Not sure on the exact specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilD View Post
The larger tires may have more weight capacity but their diameter is 34.01" as compared to the factory 31.65". This is a difference of 7 1/2 percent. Bottom line is less acceleration, less braking performance and harder on your clutch. The tires may have reduced the towing capacity of the truck. A 4.10 rear end would more than make up for the oversize tires.

I agree fully on this fact. I've only had the truck for just a little less than a year and them tires were on it.
I was planning on getting the factory size tires. Just not sure it can be this year.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!