Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
edj

NuWa Owners forum gone ??

I have been trying to get to the NuWa Owners Forum for the past couple days. The web site appears to have disappeared and my browser just times out looking for it. A couple of weeks ago they started requiring a logon to gain access due to hacker attacks. But, it worked fine until a couple of days ago.

Anyone know anything about this? Can anyone link to the site?
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #2

no changes that I know of,,my old link works fine
Rick&Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick&Cheryl View Post
no changes that I know of,,my old link works fine
I get to the net through a NetGear router to a cable modem. I bypassed the router and cabled the laptop directly to the cable modem. Now, I can get to the NuWa owners forum.

So, I cabled it back the way it was before; cable modem to router and router cabled to laptop. Fails.... It also fails when I go on WiFi instead of a direct cable to the router. The NuWa Owners forum (65.98.16.194) is the ONLY web address that can not connect. I tried connecting on 3 different computers on the same WiFi net and all fail.

I logged onto the router and got/installed the latest router firmware..... still fails

I looked through the router settings and could find nothing that might block this site.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #4

Hi Ed. We haven't made any changes to the forum that would cause the issue you are having. The only suggestion I have is to log out of the forum, delete the cookie for the forum and then log back in. If this doesn't work, i would post a question concerning your issue, knowing that Gary (Kicked-Ash) will see it and hopefully come up with the answer. Good luck.

Bryan
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
edj

Fixed

Happy days are here again.....

If all else fails, go to Google for the answer. I found the following post on some board (I forgot the name) that I finally tried.

Can't access a specific website going thru my router...

The correct answer to this problem is as follows:
1. You must go into your router.
2. Enter the setup section.
3. Select MAC address.
4. Select user defined.
5. Change a few numbers and letters in the MAC address.
6. Save settings and reboot your computer and reset your MODEM.

This problem occurs when viewing the same site over a router from more that one computer or application at the same time for a period of time. This activates something in the server software that puts your IP address on a so called "BAND LIST". Your web hosting company will not be able to correct it because they don't know what is going on because they can see that it is working fine from their point of view.
Most common response is: Replace your router.
It works for them... But it is not the correct answer and it costs money to do so.

More Info:
If you check your IP address with and without your router, you will see that it is different. The MAC address on your router is different from the one on your modem. The MAC address helps define what your IP address is. If you are on an "IP Band List", you must change your IP. This is only possible through changing the MAC address on the router or calling you ISP, if you are not using a router.

I had previously tried powering off in various combinations the router, cable modem and laptop. Nothing helped. I could get to every other web site except the NuWa Owners Forum.

After I changed the MAC address in the router as directed, I shut everything off and brought them back up again. When I tried to access the forum, it worked great. I don't have a clue why..... I would think that this could happen to any web site that is gone to frequently.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
Happy days are here again.....
Well.... I was dancing for about 20 minutes before the same problem returned. The NuWa Owners forum is up and well. But there are a couple others who have the same type of problem where the connection times out where it tries to connect to the web site. Still evaluating and trying to figure it out.